+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anybody do a Color Conversion on their 4S/4?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by Dizzy714 Yeah, the one's the dude has been doing for me have been slightly different in color as well - but the trim isn't darker, they're a
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    Yeah, the one's the dude has been doing for me have been slightly different in color as well - but the trim isn't darker, they're a bit lighter if anything, darker would just look ugly IMO, so I'd like to just make sure their trims on their kits aren't darker than the red glass lol. That'd be a hefty price match on focus supply's part, I'll see what they say. And yeah the kit at pacific toy is $45.99.
    Honestly, it sounds like your guy is just buying from one of the low quality **** suppliers out there. Grab a tool kit for $2 on ebay, buy your own set for $40 and go through the tutorial at ifixit.com. Save yourself the time and aggrivation and just do it yourself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcat9 View Post
    Honestly, it sounds like your guy is just buying from one of the low quality **** suppliers out there. Grab a tool kit for $2 on ebay, buy your own set for $40 and go through the tutorial at ifixit.com. Save yourself the time and aggrivation and just do it yourself.
    Well that's what I'm deciding on right now, just trying to figure out if the $45 red kit on pacific toy has a darker red trim like it kind of shown in the picture - or if it's more like the on on focusupply, which is what I'd prefer, just that price on that website is steep.

Green Apple
    Thanks

honestly, $45 retail for a full color change kit is not that steep at all. I'm sure most of us on here who work on phones ourselves will agree when I say the money is made on the installation time, not necessarily the goods (except cowboy...because he buys **** tons of stuff at a time lol)

Thanks

Nah, $45 isn't steep - $75 is though on focusupply. I'll just order the $45 kit and if the trim doesn't look good then I'll send it back I guess.

Any specific place to get a cheap magnetized tool kit?
    Last edited by Dizzy714; 07-17-2012 at 06:31 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    Nah, $45 isn't steep - $75 is though on focusupply. I'll just order the $45 kit and if the trim doesn't look good then I'll send it back I guess.

Any specific place to get a cheap magnetized tool kit?
    eBay if you are only planning to do yours a few times. A few bucks will get you the bare minimum of what you need. Phillips head, flat head, plastic iPod opening tool. Might want to grab some tweezers but they aren't necessary per se (I use mine all the time though)
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Thanks

Pacifictoy's quality is surprisingly good! The build quality atleast, just got mine in today. Ordered another set from focusupply, waiting on that, we'll see what one is better.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've used pacific toy for most of my orders for my shop and the quality is good MOST of the time. I've had a couple issues with them that went unresolved (defective flex cable, defective back plate for an iphone CDMA which i never got back) but that's the cost of doing business. Overall good. I'm curious to see the quality comparison from Focusupply.

Thanks

I'll update back when I get focusupply's set on build quality. Then I'll update back again when I have both sets put on phones for a screen comparison.

Thanks

So I got my focusupply set thrown on, pros and cons from their website for sure. Cons, price doesn't get you anything better than pacifictoy's (from what I can tell so far), which is double the price after their $30 shipping cost >.< - The red trim on the front and back glass differ (front's trim is darker than the back plate's trim). Painting isn't as vivid as my current red set that has the cheaper 3rd party retina LCD - focusupply's is darker and flatter looking, pacifictoy's is a shade or two brighter and less red-vivid-like as my current one. Pro, LCD does look like a genuine Apple LCD when turned on. Going to assemble pacifictoy's another day and check its retina.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for posting your results! bummed out to hear that the quality is more or less the same even though the price was much higher from focusupply. I've learned lots of lessons in this business, some costing more than others but at least now you'll have an extra kit!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Indeed. Thanks for the update. Let us know how they compare when you throw on the PacificToy kit.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12