Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S water damage

Default iPhone 4S water damage
    I have a 4s water damage, phone will not power up at all, I have cleaned all corrosion off. There was only a little spot up under the LCD/digitizer connection. I have replaced the battery, charging port, screen is there anything else I can try to revive this phone. I have cleaned the entire board with 99% alcohol and a brush. There is nothing physically wrong with the board that I can tell. But not power. I have tested the screen on another phone and it works fine, just can't get any power from the motherboard. Please help

power ribbon cable and/or button maybe? I dunno, chances are you'll need a logic board for it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

To really see where the damage is you'd have to take off the metal shields on the logic board. There may be some corrosion inside one of those that is causing the issue, and if that's the case the phone may not be salvagable. At this point it wont hurt to try though.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

I've removed the metal shields can't see anything wrong looks like a new board still except for up top under the digitizer connection. Just can't believe the board is bad with so little damage I've seen boards far worse work great with no problems this is crazy lol