Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to repair ipad glass to make it sit flush?

Default how to repair ipad glass to make it sit flush?
    Hey guys need some help today, I know this is the iphone section and not ipad, but theres not much action going on in the ipad forums. so i thought i post it in this area.

Today I'm repairing my first IPad 2 on my own for a huge clientele of mine and I'm worried I might not repair it perfectly. I was wondering if you can give me some tips and insight on how to repair the iPad 2 properly. I'm confident i can repair most of the ipad, but my main concern is getting the IPad glass to sit flush. I saw in some pictures you have clamps to hold it down? do you use a certain type of adhesive? and tips about the cables inside and how to avoid damage. Any Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

See here:

iPad 2 Wi-Fi Front Panel Replacement - iFixit

Ifixit has awesome guides, hardly ever steer you wrong. Just don't buy tools from them..EVER. Their prices are insane (Example: A perfectly normal U.S. Quarter for $2.00, just because they can)

Good adhesive it probably the biggest thing in the repair if your don't have that it won't sit flush at all and well keep popping up
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcat9 View Post
    See here:

iPad 2 Wi-Fi Front Panel Replacement - iFixit

Ifixit has awesome guides, hardly ever steer you wrong. Just don't buy tools from them..EVER. Their prices are insane (Example: A perfectly normal U.S. Quarter for $2.00, just because they can)
    Aw man. I really wanted some of their toolkits, if nothing else but for the ease of transport of their base toolkit lol.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!