+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LCD & Digitizer

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi all, I needed a new LCD & digitizer for my iphone 4 as snagged the digitizer ribbon when replacing my home button. I bought one on ebay and when
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default LCD & Digitizer
    Hi all, I needed a new LCD & digitizer for my iphone 4 as snagged the digitizer ribbon when replacing my home button.

I bought one on ebay and when it was delivered today found they had only sent me the digitizer on it's own, which imo is utterly useless!

I need an LCD & digitizer pretty quickly, does anyone know any uk based companies that sell them fairly cheaply? I know a few places overseas that sell them but need it before Monday so ordering from overseas isn't an option.

I was fuming when I opened the packet this morning, I've been without my phone for nearly a week and thought I'd have it fixed today only to find what they've sent is no good!

Cheers
    Aaron

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't know of any UK companies as I'm from across the pond, but might I suggest buying a new front panel assembly rather than just the lcd/digitizer since they're glued (assuming it's a 4 or 4S in this case...if 3G or 3GS you're on the right track)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jcat9 For This Useful Post:

azza87 (07-06-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's what I'm after, the one piece assembly to replace the whole front.

That's what I thought I had bought on ebay, it's what they described in the description and showed in the pictures but all they've sent me is the digitizer!

That's what I'm after, the one piece assembly to replace the whole front.

That's what I thought I had bought on ebay, it's what they described in the description and showed in the pictures but all they've sent me is the digitizer!

Description of item:
    Replacement Black LCD Screen and Digitizer For Apple iPhone 4 - Tools Included
    Brand new Black LCD and Digitizer for Apple iPhone 4. tool kit included so you can change your broken/damaged LCD and Digitizer.

Fast Delivery & Cheap Item with Good Quality Tools Include.
    and image they used is this

Response from seller:

I am sorry but I think you got it wrong it is a degitizer with frame assembly for lcd screen as it is described I phone 4 screen can't be this cheap.
    Have I got it wrong or is the description just very misleading?
    Last edited by azza87; 07-06-2012 at 06:37 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I replied in here earlier but for some reason it's not showing up.

What I thought I'd ordered was the assembly, that is what was stated in the description as well as pictured on the listing and all I was sent was the digitizer. I'm going away on Monday so need to get it fixed pretty quickly, I can't go away without my phone!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

My try mendmyi they are a uk company i believe
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

azza87 (07-06-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My earlier reply has appeared. I decided to try a different seller on ebay, good feedback and based in the UK. I did think about using mendmyi but there prices are a little too high (29.99 for the front assembly).

Thanks.