Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Volume button Repair

Default iPhone 4 Volume button Repair
    Hi everyone!

My iPhone volume button is not working properly. I have to press harder for it to register the input.
    I have been searching online for a fix and seems like replacing volume button piece would fix the problem.
    Has anyone done this themselves? I'd like to just verify if indeed this solves the problem.

I doubt its actually the physical button its most likely the pad on the ribbon cable it worn down and it needs to be replaced
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    I doubt its actually the physical button its most likely the pad on the ribbon cable it worn down and it needs to be replaced
    ^^ this. I've noticed a lot of the contact/pressure pads such as volume and home buttons on the iPhone 4's have been wearing down as of late, likely to age/use. Hopefully the changes they made to those parts on the 4S will prevent that issue.

Should I replace entire volume unit?
    I was hoping this will fix it. (Volume Button | iPhone Repair Miami Beach)
    Could you please link me to the parts I'd need to repair.
    I'd appreciate very much.

Nope you need the ribbon cable

This if you are wanting to order from there
    Audio Jack Flex Black | iPhone Repair Miami Beach
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Nope you need the ribbon cable

This if you are wanting to order from there
    Audio Jack Flex Black | iPhone Repair Miami Beach
    this. What I've come across is that the iPhone 4's contact pads are built 'taller' on the ribbon cable, where on the 4S's it seems that more of the contact pad is built on the buttons themselves, so that the ribbon cable pads don't have to deflect quite as much and thus won't wear out as fast.