+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 2G Dead ... Please Help.

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys, I have a dead iPhone 2 I was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions. It was working fine until i went to plug it into
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 2G Dead ... Please Help.
    Hi guys, I have a dead iPhone 2 I was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions.

It was working fine until i went to plug it into a wall charger and then it shutoff.

At first I thought the battery had just run out but then realized that this was not the case. I believe that the wall charger failed. So now my iPhone will not charge at all and shows no signs of life. I cannot put it into DFU mode or anything.

Any thoughts? Does the Iphone 2 have a fuse like the 3gs?

Thanks I really appreciate it!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Not sure about the fuse. Not even sure I've ever heard of that, but it sounds like the battery finally gave up on you. The iPhone 2G is really hard to take apart though and the parts are quite expensive nowadays. I'd say it was worth upgrading because of the level of difficulty/high chance of breaking something when disassembling the device. Plus part cost and tracking down the actual issue may cost more than a new/used iphone. Either way I'd price a battery and look up a tutorial to start if I were you.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!