+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4S Backplate Issue

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys i reccently ordered a Blue iPhone 4S Back Cover with a Blue frame on it, this was my first time swapping iphone backs and when i got everything
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4S Backplate Issue
    Hey guys i reccently ordered a Blue iPhone 4S Back Cover with a Blue frame on it, this was my first time swapping iphone backs and when i got everything on i noticed that the blue iphone 4s panel was thicker than my original white iPhone 4S glass panel and the problem with this backplate is that it doesn't slide all the way down into place. It sticks up more than the front glass at the top and the front glass at the bottom is longer than the back glass on the bottom. Is this normal with these colored backs? is there something i can do to make it fit properly? So in simple terms the new panel isn't sliding all the way down.. i checked the inside of my OEM backplate and this one and they look very similar.

Here are some photos of my issue

iPhone 4S Backplate Issue-p6n9w.jpg
    iPhone 4S Backplate Issue-2ldx7ch.jpg
    iPhone 4S Backplate Issue-5ntbba.jpg

Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

This problem exists quite frequently with aftermarket parts. I use the edge of my desk to finish pushing it all the way down when it happens. It's just a pain because they are difficult to get back off afterwards. If you have Philips head screws though you could use those to pull it down into place also. Just keep screwing in until the part pulls into place. Would not recommend doing this with pentalobe screws though.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itslivo View Post
    This problem exists quite frequently with aftermarket parts. I use the edge of my desk to finish pushing it all the way down when it happens. It's just a pain because they are difficult to get back off afterwards. If you have Philips head screws though you could use those to pull it down into place also. Just keep screwing in until the part pulls into place. Would not recommend doing this with pentalobe screws though.
    So i should just force it down? i'm afraid if i use too much pressure i will break something in return. Would you like a picture of the inside of the back panel? maybe you can tell what piece is causing it that i maybe need to sand or file or etc.

Thanks

I don't think i'd worry too much about breaking it. It is pretty much all the way on aside from about an 1/8th of an inch. I just did it putting the back on one of my backup iphone 4's. Although there is a possibility of damage, so if you are nervous that you may break it I'd push with a good deal of force and then remove the back. There are several "clips" around the edge of your new backplate. One or more of these is probably a little too tight. you'll be able to see which one/s because when pushing hard on it it should "damage" that part slightly. File that one down a hair and try again until you have a good fit. Here's a picture of the things I am talking about.

iPhone 4S Backplate Issue-img_3309-1-.jpg

The little pieces around the edge of the back are what are holding you back.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yeah, i have the same problem with my transparent back plate, the top is sticking up a tiny bit and the bottom is almost flush like the screen, but when i had a white aftermarket black plate on it, it was like the oem ones, nice fit but the transparent one isn't.

Green Apple
    Thanks

im having issues taking off the screws under the back cover. Is anyone else having issues with that?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I ran into this on a conversion I did for a client recently, they had dropped the phone so much the frame was actually tweaked a bit and not only that I'm sure the aftermarket piece had some issues. I put a cloth over the top edge of the phone and hit it against the corner of my 'work bench' (read: kitchen table) a few times since it's sort of rounded off and wouldn't damage anything. Nice tight fit, screws went in just right and happy customer. Sometimes they just need some...persuasion...to get on there correctly.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 Times in 2,213 Posts

Yup just man up on it and give it a good beating
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by control635 View Post
    im having issues taking off the screws under the back cover. Is anyone else having issues with that?
    May have stripped it. The pentalobe screws are quite easy to strip, the Phillips are a bit more durable. If you did you'll have a hard time getting it out. Someone on here (Simon?) suggested that if this happens you put a dab of superglue on it and let it dry then try to remove it again. I believe several people have had success with this method, but if you do get it out I wouldn't put it back in.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers: