+ Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone run their own repair shop?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Because apple doesn't warranty with new device it's refurbished. I don't abuse apples warranty program usually phones I buy have a broken screen or back which voids warranty anyways and
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Because apple doesn't warranty with new device it's refurbished. I don't abuse apples warranty program usually phones I buy have a broken screen or back which voids warranty anyways and it's way quicker for me to fix anything that's broken then make an appointment and drive an hour or so round trip.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

I've taken a few things to get replaced. Had an iPhone 5 I got for free that I got replaced out if warranty through them. The antennae on the top of the board were ripped off. They didn't care. The phone was even registered to someone else. They switched the registration and everything for me. It's my tester phone now lol.

I always give the option of apple on the newest generation. So the 5 gets a lot of "disclaimers" thrown out there about things being covered by apple. Other then that I just fix it.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've been giving this question a lot of thought lately...

Currently in our main location we charge $84.99 for an iPhone 4/4S screen repair. We are thinking about lowering it but at the moment, nobody has a problem paying it. We are in the middle of a high-income area so the demographic isn't concerned with it really. But we are also a premier repair shop and there are so many in/around Nashville that are just poor quality as far as workmanship and customer service go.

I talked to someone in FL that says he charges $49.99 for the same repair and he makes up the profit in volume.

So my question is - lower margin/higher volume or higher margin/lower volume?

I guess it balances itself out eventually but I've been thinking of lowering prices. We are high in the screen replacement but low on the small components replacement while everyone else in this area is the opposite. There's a place kinda near us that charges $80 for a dock replacement.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Because apple doesn't warranty with new device it's refurbished. I don't abuse apples warranty program usually phones I buy have a broken screen or back which voids warranty anyways and it's way quicker for me to fix anything that's broken then make an appointment and drive an hour or so round trip.
    Same here.

I only warranty if it's a problem that's NOT a broken front or back. Anything else, if it's under warranty, I take to Apple.

This is only for phones I own and if they are under warranty. It's not abusing the warranty at all..

A refurb still looks 100% new, which = more money selling.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Roll View Post

Currently in our main location we charge $84.99 for an iPhone 4/4S screen repair. We are thinking about lowering it but at the moment, nobody has a problem paying it. We are in the middle of a high-income area so the demographic isn't concerned with it really. But we are also a premier repair shop and there are so many in/around Nashville that are just poor quality as far as workmanship and customer service go.

I talked to someone in FL that says he charges $49.99 for the same repair and he makes up the profit in volume.

I guess it balances itself out eventually but I've been thinking of lowering prices. We are high in the screen replacement but low on the small components replacement while everyone else in this area is the opposite. There's a place kinda near us that charges $80 for a dock replacement.
    I would stick with higher margin.

Not many people I deal with has a problem paying $80.. and if they do I just buy the phone from them, fix it, and then sell for profit.

Why work for peanuts?

$49.99 is kind of ridiculous.. just like $80 for a dock replacement is RIDICULOUS. Every industry has people like this

I $80 for 4/4S screen replacement, $30 for the backs (might go down), and $45 for most other repairs on the 4/4S.

Every time you open a iPhone you take the chance of it not coming back on (freak accident, etc). That's why my prices stay high on the screen repairs. I also use OEM WHITE screens, which can be pricey.
    Last edited by iRepairIndy; 05-27-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    iRepair Indy

Thanks

I play the 350% rules if something cost me 20 dollars the customer pays me 70 dollars. Honestly this is one of the few business where you can more than double your money vary easily. Phones are peoples everything. People notice their phone being gone in 1/20th it takes them to realize their wallet is missing.
    So i wouldnt say lowering your price is the right thing but if you have a ton of wiggle room so if you lower lets say 10 dollars your still making a huge margin

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

I used to try and make $50 per repair. I do front screen on 4/4S for $60 now. I went with the lower price, more volume idea a while back when repair techs blew up all over my area. Since I don't have a storefront and only do this on the side, my business is limited to word of mouth for the most part. I will throw up an occasional CL ad here and there. For the 15 minutes it takes me to replace a screen on one, I don't mind making $30 or so. Keeps customer happy and they pass the word along to friends and family of my quick and cheap services.

Thanks

Anyone wanna move to Nashville and work for me?

Thanks

Not unless your paying 100k+ a year

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Not unless your paying 100k+ a year
    That's what I was about to say.
    iRepair Indy

Thanks

On another note, those who don't do this full time - what do you do???

Thanks

I don't do this full time just one the side.
    I worked for AT&T for the last 4 years quit now I am a home inspector.

Thanks

Yeah I charge $74.72 for 4/4S screens after tax. $69.99. If they want to switch from white to black or vice versa it's $79.99. Most other colors are $89.99. Mirrors $99.99 and so on. I have the best prices in my area for pretty much every repair.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

Thanks

On another note, those who don't do this full time - what do you do???
    Full Time System Administrator for the Govt

I love the repair game, but there's just no guarantee of a future in it. Places blowing up around here all the time, so competition is stiff. I'll just keep doing repairs on the side and selling parts. lol
    Last edited by joshmoulton; 05-29-2013 at 06:39 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi all, will like to ask those who own a repair shop, which inventory software do you use?
    Btw im from singapore also doing repair..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haowuliao View Post
    Hi all, will like to ask those who own a repair shop, which inventory software do you use?
    Btw im from singapore also doing repair..
    We use a program on Mac called Checkout. Its ok.

Thanks

Yeah I wouldn't mind finding a decent program for Windows if anyone has any recommendations. I'm about to start stocking a lot of inventory.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshmoulton View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't mind finding a decent program for Windows if anyone has any recommendations. I'm about to start stocking a lot of inventory.
    I liked inFlow inventory a lot. The free version won't work for a lot of inventory but you can at least try it.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

Green Apple
    Thanks

Would you guys be interested in an iPhone repair catalogue?

I run a repair "place" at Duke -- my dorm -- and could draw up a color conversion / repair catalogue. I'm thinking of ordering custom prints, or even making an online design to sell.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looking at opening my own kiosk in the mall this summer where I go to school. Where did you guys buy your kiosk/booth? How much did the booth run. Also wondering roughly how much the rent is for the kiosk in the mall per month.

Thanks

I know a lot of malls supply the actual booth, but as far as cost is concern it depends on a number of factors, like where you live, where the mall is located, is the mall highend, lowend, or in between, and where you want the kiosk located in the mall, example its more expensive to have a kiosk right out side the apple store then it is upstairs on the other side of the mall.

I have seen some rent for 500-600 a month and others 2-3 thousand