Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone run their own repair shop?

Thanks
    I was thinking of doing DIY kits but wasn't sure how popular they would be. Good to know though

22.50, makes me think we might have the same supplier. Ever-Glory? Does your company give out a warranty on repairs, like a 30 or 90 warranty on defects?

Yeah I am, the test aren't too difficult but it can be a little pricey to take. $150 for each test and $100 for the study materials, once you pass they you'll be certified for a year. All it pretty much allows you to do is gain access to apples servicing (repair) manuals for almost all their computers

Cool, are you doing the assemblies or the actual glass replacement? If your changing the glass, it's a pretty neat trick how the digitizer isn't part of the glass anymore, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelenus View Post
    I was thinking of doing DIY kits but wasn't sure how popular they would be. Good to know though

22.50, makes me think we might have the same supplier. Ever-Glory? Does your company give out a warranty on repairs, like a 30 or 90 warranty on defects?

Yeah I am, the test aren't too difficult but it can be a little pricey to take. $150 for each test and $100 for the study materials, once you pass they you'll be certified for a year. All it pretty much allows you to do is gain access to apples servicing (repair) manuals for almost all their computers

Cool, are you doing the assemblies or the actual glass replacement? If your changing the glass, it's a pretty neat trick how the digitizer isn't part of the glass anymore, huh?
    Never heard of Ever-Glory. We have a 60-day warranty and we will be implementing a "protection" plan soon.

Do you still have access to the study materials?? ;]

We do S3 assemblies if the LCD is busted also but we've mainly been doing just the glass. So far, so good.

Last edited by B-Roll; 01-22-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Thanks
    I would be happy to share the study materials if they were tied to my apple ID account. I could give you the questions to the first exam but studying would be the better way to go

That's what I've been doing too for both the iPhone 5 and galaxy s3.

Do you get much business in phone customization (ex. Colored iphone glass, colored iPad glass, etc.)? I've been thinking of offering that but wasn sure if there was a big enough demand for these items

What's your experience with the iPhone back glass light mod? Been thinking of trying that out but I've read mixed reviews on it
    Last edited by Kelenus; 04-30-2013 at 08:47 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I get more color requests than anything. Most people will spend a few extra bucks on getting something different. I've never read about a backlight mod that wasn't trash, there's a thread on here about them actually.

Ah that's the supplier I've found but at least now I know to keep looking for better deals. Any leads?

I would be happy to share the study materials if they were tied to my apple ID account. I could give you the questions to the first exam but studying would be the better way to go

That's what I've been doing too for both the iPhone 5 and galaxy s3.

Do you get much business in phone customization (ex. Colored iphone glass, colored iPad glass, etc.)? I've been thinking of offering that but wasn sure if there was a big enough demand for these items

What's your experience with the iPhone back glass light mod? Been thinking of trying that out but I've read mixed reviews on it
    The only people that get their color changed are younger kids/younger adults. I probably only order 3 kits per color a month. iPad we used to do but we don't anymore. If someone really wants it we will special order it but most of the time we don't. Never done the light mod. We probably wouldn't do that either unless it was special order. Not a whole lot of that happening around. I'm sure if we offered/advertised it though, we might do more.

We are gonna be offering a ton of new services when we move into our new place. Gaming systems, laptops, computers, Macs, phone flashing, etc. More buying/selling phones. I'm excited.

Slowly but surely.

Thanks
    Congrats! When is the official opening?

Looking forward to opening mine in June/July

Sucks about the new DMCA ruling, huh?

We will be open on Feb 15th. It's gonna be pretty seamless. Close the mall location on the 14th and open the 15th. Can't wait!!

The DMCA thing is ridiculous. No way to enforce that.

A pic of the inside.

Thanks

Congrats! When is the official opening?

Looking forward to opening mine in June/July

Sucks about the new DMCA ruling, huh?
    Has anyone read the fine print? It's only for people who have their phones under a current contract can only unlock via carrier.

If you go buy a phone off contract on eBay, Craigslist, etc. It's perfectly fine to get unlocked, they are just restricting people that are already in contract with a carrier. I've heard a lot of people saying it's any phone, not true.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshmoulton View Post
    Has anyone read the fine print? It's only for people who have their phones under a current contract can only unlock via carrier.

If you go buy a phone off contract on eBay, Craigslist, etc. It's perfectly fine to get unlocked, they are just restricting people that are already in contract with a carrier. I've heard a lot of people saying it's any phone, not true.
    +1
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    +1
    Yeah the people we use for our unlocking services have no intent on shutting down and they said the same thing about the carrier stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Roll View Post
    Yeah the people we use for our unlocking services have no intent on shutting down and they said the same thing about the carrier stuff.
    +2

I would chime in to the overall thread here as well, I just run a small shop out of my home, color conversions, etc, nothing high volume maybe 25-30 devices a month.

Thanks
    Really nice looking shop! Gotta make sure to take a pic of the place when its all done

I made sure to add a disclaimer to any unlocks processed on my site (just in case).

Really looking forward to March when T-Mobile will start selling iphones (more business)

My first glass only S3 repair.

Thanks
    Last edited by Kelenus; 04-30-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks
    Do you guys have any recommendations for buying computer parts (towers, laptops) other than places like Amazon, Ebay or NewEgg?

Thanks
    B-Roll, do you know if sending/receiving messages on this site work?

Thanks

Yes it works. I send/receive PM all the time.

I have a small shop in a flea market.
    -booth.jpg

It's nothing fancy, and I only do repairs 2 days on weekends.
    But those 2 days are jam packed.
    I do have a few troubled phones/ipods at times.

The audio cable on an iPod ripped. Out comes the soldering iron.
    I'm currently getting my parts from wholesalegadgetsupply. Decent parts, but more than I'd like to pay.

Whatever work man!! Glad other people have their own thing going.

So this iFix and Repair place is going to a different mall as well as this one. The other mall they're going to has a kiosk called iJunkiez. They have been given 6 months notice that their lease will not be renewed UNLESS they open another kiosk in the same mall. If they don't, iFixandRepair will open up and they will have to leave. This is ridiculous. This company I'm sure started just like all of us and just happen to have the $$$ to back them. Which is fine but at the same time they are completely screwing over the little guy. Either way, we will prevail. This is the south, most people in this area/region are more "community-oriented" and like to support smaller locally-owned businesses rather than corporate garbage.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast