+ Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone run their own repair shop?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
$140? The cheapest i've ever seen for the glass assembly is $170. Wouldn't you be loosing money?
    Thanks
    $140? The cheapest i've ever seen for the glass assembly is $170. Wouldn't you be loosing money?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

I can get the original assembly from my supplier for $135 at the moment.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,875 Times in 2,214 Posts

+1 or less

Like I said I have more suppliers then you can possibly imagine.

So no I wouldn't be losing just be making little profit which I am sure is the same for ubreak.

Bad business.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Well good for you guys. I've looked all over the place and the only suppliers I can find that are below $200 are all from china, can't seem to find any USA suppliers under $200 for glass assemblies

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kelenus View Post
    Well good for you guys. I've looked all over the place and the only suppliers I can find that are below $200 are all from china, can't seem to find any USA suppliers under $200 for glass assemblies
    And you won't. If your not ordering from over seas your over paying. I know Me,Irevival, and B-Roll all are ordering from over seas suppliers and buys 100's of not 1000's of dollars worth of product at a time

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    That's what I assumed. That's one thing -------- does that's bad is that they order parts only in the USA.

I've always wondered, with over seas suppliers how is shipping? Are your suppliers pretty good ad fast about it?
    Last edited by Kelenus; 01-20-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Thanks

Usually pretty solid give or take a day usually. Just got to be on top of inventory and when you place your orders.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone run their own repair shop?-screen-shot-2013-01-18-3.57.27-pm.png  
    Last edited by Kelenus; 04-30-2013 at 09:58 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelenus For This Useful Post:

sbgame (03-21-2013)

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

How much does it cost to fix a screen on the s3

Thanks
    Glass cost about $12. Full assembly can range from $150-$220 depending on where you get it

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Glass cost about $12. Full assembly can range from $150-$220 depending on where you get it
    Ok thank you

Thanks
    Do you guys have any advice on where to look for better suppliers?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Also, just signed a new lease yesterday for a storefront and we are saying goodbye to the mall. 1200sq ft space in a high-traffic area. Lots of room to do more volume and a lot more services (computers, game systems, laptops, etc).

Can't wait!!!

I don't know what happened to my last post but if you've got a business and/or a website suppliers usually flock to you. You just have to weed out the bad ones and there are a lot. It took us quite a while to settle on the one we have now.

Trial and error and most of the better suppliers you have to have a minimum order requirement. We are placing orders of $8K-10K every month. They use DHL express so we once it ships we usually get it within 2 days.

UBreakiFix...what suppliers do they use? From what I've heard, they aren't very proficient. It seems like people like to go there cus it has a professional "look" which is what we're going for with our new store but we are actually professional.
    Last edited by B-Roll; 01-18-2013 at 09:10 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

B-Roll. I agree. Although I'm a step behind. Just moving into the mall. Keeping the old storefront as storage. There's just nothing there though. And my suppliers come around like crazy. I've got 3-4 that I use on a regular basis that I'm comfortable with. Just really need to choose one at this point. They all end up with parts at different times so I always have a few that I talk to just to keep around.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Thanks
    Congrats on the lease.

------- does have the look down but the ****** management and the poor buyers they have, I'm surprised they have the number of stores they have now. What they have is a distribution center in Florida that usually buys parts mainly from ******, both are either overpriced or have bad quality.

After working there, at least I learned what not to do when I open up my shop. Do you guys have any plans on expansion (more stores)?

I've had a few suppliers come to my website but none with great prices. What do you guys usually do for advertisement?
    Last edited by Kelenus; 04-30-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks

Congrats on the lease.

UBreakIFix does have the look down but the ****** management and the poor buyers they have, I'm surprised they have the number of stores they have now. What they have is a distribution center in Florida that usually buys parts mainly from Maya or IPX, both are either overpriced or have bad quality.

After working there, at least I learned what not to do when I open up my shop. Do you guys have any plans on expansion (more stores)?

I've had a few suppliers come to my website but none with great prices. What do you guys usually do for advertisement?
    All the stuff I've read about UBIF is that they don't keep a decent stock of a lot of stuff. I hear a lot of stories about people waiting on parts that they have to order. Same with that company IFixAndRepair. What is IPX? I've used Maya before and they aren't half bad. In my experience anyway.

We have 2 locations right now in the Nashville area. We are looking to have 2 more by the end of this year. I'm pretty psyched. I actually got a job offer from IFixAndRepair but after much debate and soul-searching I declined. I needed to see this through.

We don't do a whole lot of advertising on our site. We're actually having it revamped right now. The one that's there now focuses on mail-order but we are working on a real site and will have the store as a secondary thing. Right now the only advertising we do is Google Adsense and Google Adwords.

Thanks
    Very interesting. Is mail in orders pretty popular over in your area?

With ------ they over just have poor management, it never made sense to me why a company would have three district managers in one area to cover 5 stores.

Maya is good but a little pricey in my opinion. Stay away from IPX, ------ tried IPX for a short while and all the glass assemblies we ordered were all very cheap quality that almost all our customers complained about.

Do you mind if I check out your website?
    I have mine up but there's still a good amount of it that's still in development speedyirepairs.com

You've got me curious about your suppliers, what's the lowest you could get good quality iphone 4/4s glass assemblies? Lowest I've found has been $22.50
    Last edited by Kelenus; 01-20-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks

I don't do a 1/4 of the business you guys do, mostly because I only do this in my spare time. I have mostly found the suppliers I use through here or other forms of trial and error. If I were doing big bulk repairs like you guys I'd definitely be worried about the best/cheapest/reliable supplier, but for the most part the three that I use now are all reliable and have solid prices and followers.

I rather not dabble in just changing the glass, seems like it takes too much time and too much can go wrong. Spend my 20 minutes replacing the entire assembly and be done with it. Most of my business is word of mouth, Facebook and now Instagram. Slowly starting to get into Twitter, but my website mostly just draws minimal traffic.

Thanks

Very interesting. Is mail in orders pretty popular over in your area?

With ------ they over just have poor management, it never made sense to me why a company would have three district managers in one area to cover 5 stores.

Maya is good but a little pricey in my opinion. Stay away from IPX, ------ tried IPX for a short while and all the glass assemblies we ordered were all very cheap quality that almost all our customers complained about.

Do you mind if I check out your website?
    I have mine up but there's still a good amount of it that's still in development speedyirepairs.com

You've got me curious about your suppliers, what's the lowest you could get good quality iphone 4/4s glass assemblies? Lowest I've found has been $22.50

We barely do any mail-ins. We mail out more. We have a video on youtube where we show people how to change their own iphone 4 glass and a link to our store where they can buy it and do it themselves. makes the customer feel like they know how to work on phones haha.

Welcome to Quick iFix Smartphones - Professional iPhone Repair - Nashville, TN & Cool Springs Franklin, TN is it but there's really nothing there as far as content. We're revamping it and the new one should be up in a couple months.

As far as suppliers we have one main one in China and it's been doing pretty well. Sometimes the stock isn't always up to par and I have to wait a little bit longer but it's all great quality for a great price. Shipping price could be a bit better. The lowest price on screens i've found is the same - 22.50. I pay a little bit more but I also don't wanna go too cheap. Less customer return in our area the better.

Also you are Apple certified? I've been looking into that to add to my credentials to become even more "legit".

We just started doing our Galaxy S3 glass only repairs. Done 2 of em now. $149 each. And did our first iPhone 5 repair for a customer yesterday for $229. It's pickin up!
    Last edited by B-Roll; 01-20-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B-Roll View Post
    We barely do any mail-ins. We mail out more. We have a video on youtube where we show people how to change their own iphone 4 glass and a link to our store where they can buy it and do it themselves. makes the customer feel like they know how to work on phones haha.

Welcome to Quick iFix Smartphones - Professional iPhone Repair - Nashville, TN & Cool Springs Franklin, TN is it but there's really nothing there as far as content. We're revamping it and the new one should be up in a couple months.

As far as suppliers we have one main one in China and it's been doing pretty well. Sometimes the stock isn't always up to par and I have to wait a little bit longer but it's all great quality for a great price. Shipping price could be a bit better. The lowest price on screens i've found is the same - 22.50. I pay a little bit more but I also don't wanna go too cheap. Less customer return in our area the better.

Also you are Apple certified? I've been looking into that to add to my credentials to become even more "legit".

We just started doing our Galaxy S3 glass only repairs. Done 2 of em now. $149 each. And did our first iPhone 5 repair for a customer yesterday for $229. It's pickin up!
    Jealous. Can't find any GS3 assemblies under $200 worth a ****.

As far as Apple Certified, good luck.. I've monitored their availability to become certified for about a year, they are always showing the same status

Apple Authorized Service Provider Program