+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS dock audio out- doesn't work like headphones output- voice is sent to loudspeaker

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys, I've got problem with iphone dock (actually 2- original for iphone and ipod). I think that it is normal in all docks, but I am wondering if there
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3GS dock audio out- doesn't work like headphones output- voice is sent to loudspeaker
    Hi guys,
    I've got problem with iphone dock (actually 2- original for iphone and ipod). I think that it is normal in all docks, but I am wondering if there is any solution.

Well. When I connect headphones to jack connector on the top of iphone, then every sound is sent to headphones.
    I thought that with dock audio output is similar, but it is not...
    Music is sent to dock, but call and sms rings- to loud speaker
    also voice while talking and played recordings- to front (ear) speaker or loud speaker.

This is a huge problem for me 'cause I've connected iphone (through dock audio out) to AUX in my car- so I want to hear everything through dock out-AUX-car speakers.

Is there any solution for this? any program, mixer to choose which output I want? Or maybe there is any hardware modification- maybe I should connect or disconnect any pins, so iPhone will recognize dock like it should?

I hope that you will help me.
    Thank you for any advice.

I am sorry for my english
    Greetings from Poland
    James

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Just turn the sound on the iPhone itself off. That will do it most likely. I don't use my car audio with mine very much so correct me if I'm wrong.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you for so quick answer.
    I don't know if i understood correctly- Do you mean to switch on vibration? i am afraid that it is not enough- everything works the same...

Thanks

I mean by just turn the volume on the iPhone off with the volume buttons.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok so what then?
    nothing changes.

what's more- it is funny, but when someone calls to me- I hear jingle through loud speaker and dock audio out- simultaneously
    isn't it stupid?- when I connect my headphones on the top of iphone- everything is sended to headphones...

Thanks

Might be dumb to say, but make sure you have AUX mode on in your car. If it's not on, turn it on and see if it works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes it might...
    I think that you understood me wrong. it is not: 'there is no audio by iphone dock audio out". It works- and I am not testing it with other theoretical causes of problems (like car audio...aux etc)- I am connecting headphones to dock audio aut.

So again... there is sound by dock- when I play music etc.
    But not every soud is sent to dock- once is sent to loud speaker, once to ear speaker.
    Iphone doesn't treat dock like the ONLY receiver of sound (instead of headphones)

Thanks

Hmm, odd. I know they sell products for this at Walmart and stuff so you can get 3rd party stuff for this. But have you tried turning the volume of the iPhone off? I'm having a really hard time understanding what you're saying bro.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am sorry.
    I understand everything. But it is hard to explain- even in polish. Moreovery in my country now is midnight:]...nevermind.

What kind of 3rd party stuff you are talking about?

Ok, lets start again.

Maybe the picture will help -this is my modified ipod dock, but I've been testing also original iphone dock
    Attachment 590349

So- normally telephone uses loud speaker when somebody calls, or when I want to play music/voice/recording- I can manually choose which way I want.
    ear speaker works actually only when I am calling/reciving or listening recorder.

Everything changes when I connect my headphones on the top of iphone. Every call, sound, etc. is sent to headphones.

So I want dock audio out to behave exactly the same- when iphone is connected- everything should be sent to dock audio out.
    But I don't know why it doesn't works- music and other sounds indeed play through dock, but calls, voice, recordings and everything goes only to loud speaker or ear speaker.

I am wondering if there is possible hardware modification to block other outputs.
    You know...when I plug Jack- iphone recognize it, 'cause some pins are connecting. In dock there are those too I guess...but it doesn't work the same.

Is this more clear now?

Thanks

Yah that's a lot more clear. I've heard you can get those '3rd party' things at the store and they make it so you can hear your calls through your speakers. As far as the voice and voice messages, you can't change that actually. Unless your car supports voice calls with the iPhone, you won't be able to do that stuff sadly.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

Jakuda (06-12-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I suppose that you are thinking about bluetooth kit or something...It is completely diffrent thing.
    It is doesn't matter if I want to answer calls in car.

Let's leave that it is used in car...
    I've got iphone and dock on my desk. In dock there is Jack to connect external speakers, headphones etc.
    Now I want to hear through that Jack everything what comes from iphone- not only music, but jingles, calls, recordings etc (exactly the same like I can hear through headphones Jack).

F*** is it so difficult that apple had to complicate this basic function so much???

Thanks

They complicate a lot of things bro. I'm almost positive music is the only thing that'll play from the AUX unless your car has a built in voice system. That's how Apple stuff works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

please again- let's leave the car- it is only amplifier of sound...it's doesnt matter if I want connect dock audio out to AUX, jack, headphones, computer, music card, or rollercoaster - it is still depended of source.

Why I don't need any voice system or anything to hear calls through headphones jack? Really iPhone can't send sound in the same way through dock and headphones?

Thanks

That's honestly how Apple does it. Read this article, it better explains my point: Phone Audio from Dock Port? - MacRumors Forums

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I give up
    Ok maybe someone will have any Idea to solve this problem- maybe it is possible to force iphone to do it...software or hardware.

One more question: completely different...but I think easier- I heard that it is possible and easy- but I didn't figured how.
    Some time ago itunes noticed me that there is an update of software available 5.0.1 to 5.1... I dont want to do this yet. But it still is visible- red "1" on settings icon on springboard in my iphone.
    Does anybody know how to delete this update? this red "1" is annoying
    Thanks

Thanks

If you're jailbroken, there's a tweak on Cydia called OTA Update Disabler that removes it.