Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Wifi messed up part fell out phone

Default iPhone 4 Wifi messed up part fell out phone
    Hello all

I had to replace my iPhone 4 Screen and when I opened it up this lil white chip thing feel out.

Just like to know what is it and how can I put it back on.

I have no soldering iron skills

My phone works fine but wifi only comes on when am next to the router.

-09b61d07016ee5389bd7a01824a7b254.jpg

Thanks for reading

Hey there mate,

Just recently the EXACT same thing has happened to me, this white chip has fallen off and I no longer get wifi reception unless right next to the router. Just wondering wether you have found out any further information about what it does and the best way to go about maybe resurrecting the phones wifi!

Thanks budd

While I don't know exactly what it is, I'm positive it shouldn't have fallen out of your phone. Based on it's location, it looks like it might be some kind of transistor/amplifier because it's right along the bus to the wifi antenna connector (gold round thing below and to right of red box)

Yes, I'm quite certain it shouldn't of come off also! Just wondering wether there is a know work-around to by pass the chip?

Quote Originally Posted by Humanpalmtree View Post
    Hey there mate,

Just recently the EXACT same thing has happened to me, this white chip has fallen off and I no longer get wifi reception unless right next to the router. Just wondering wether you have found out any further information about what it does and the best way to go about maybe resurrecting the phones wifi!

Thanks budd
    Hello sorry i have been away.No luck i still have no fix for this.I was thinking about trying Silver Circuit Writer pen on it to see if it will help in anyway.Bit of a pain not having wifi

you might get away with the circuit pen but there's no guarantee it'll stay there. A solder would do the trick I'd assume, but clearly not for the faint of heart/shaky handed.

Dam was hopping someone would say it would work.I have no solder skills at all

The wifi grounding metal clip fell off. You don't need to do any soldering. Just clip it back on the WiFi antenna where the 4.8mm (longest screw) goes. This happened to me once before. Hopefully, the link below will help you out. Read the notes on Step 4 carefully. Good luck

Installing iPhone 4 Wi-Fi Antenna - Page 2 - iFixit

Quote Originally Posted by hcgaloi View Post
    The wifi grounding metal clip fell off. You don't need to do any soldering. Just clip it back on the WiFi antenna where the 4.8mm (longest screw) goes. This happened to me once before. Hopefully, the link below will help you out. Read the notes on Step 4 carefully. Good luck

Installing iPhone 4 Wi-Fi Antenna - Page 2 - iFixit
    No, false. The OP said the white chip fell off the board, not that the SILVER METAL piece came off the wifi antenna cover's top screw hole. Misinformation doesn't help anyone.

Yeah the white chip fell of.I still have the silver metal piece on the back.Just dont have a clue how to get the chip back on

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by essex_hal View Post
    Yeah the white chip fell of.I still have the silver metal piece on the back.Just dont have a clue how to get the chip back on
    To be completely honest I don't know many people with soldering skills like that. I can think of only 1 maybe 2-3 max. I wouldn't attempt it. If I were you I'd take it to a locally owned electronics store. One of the kinds that is owned by an older electronics junky who has impeccable skills in soldering. My uncle is a guy like that, I sadly am not lol.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Hmm. I don't know what to do with it.Could maybe just leave it and use 3G till new iPhone comes out

Samething happened to me Was using a soldering iron to do this following hack

Fast and Easy Fix Weak WiFi Signal Solution for iPhone 4 | BeijingiPhoneRepair.com

As soon as the soldering iron got near this area. The white component and a small component next to it popped off. Looking at the schematic, it is component LF18_RF (the white chip) and LF20_RF. LF18_RF is a Murata diplexer. Schematic shows it separates the Wifi and gps signals.

I haven't found a fix yet

For those interested in locating this part. It is a Murata Diplexer part number LFD181G57DPFC087. Here is the datasheet. Third component on page 2

http://www.murata.com/products/catal...k99e_l0334.pdf

I'm still looking for a source for this part

I also lost the blue component right next to it. That part is a Inductor with spec 0.7nH and 0.8A. Murata part LQP03TN0N7B02D matches this

LQP03TN0N7B02D Murata | Mouser

As for how to solder it on... perhaps someone with good soldering skills can chime in. These components are tiny. Definitely need a soldering system with a microscope to do this job
    Last edited by howardc64; 04-07-2013 at 10:19 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i am having the same problem can you crazy glue it?