+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 water damage problems

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I used to work at a cell phone repair place and have done many water damage fixes so I'm not clueless. Just pointing this out. I have an iPhone 4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 water damage problems
    I used to work at a cell phone repair place and have done many water damage fixes so I'm not clueless. Just pointing this out. I have an iPhone 4 that has been running great for a couple years. Last weekend my AC went out and it was about 85* in my apartment for the weekend. I slept ON my phone and I'm thinking sweat was the source. I woke up and it wouldn't turn on so I plugged it in and nothing. I plugged it into a computer and iTunes turned it on and no other problems until the next day. I was on twitter and the screen just froze, the backlight dimmed, and then I had green lines all over my screen and it went crazy. I did a force restart and nothing. It wouldn't turn back on.

The last few days it has been turning on and off on its own and can't figure out why. I took it apart down to the main board and dipped it in an alcohol bath and scrubbed the connectors with an electric toothbrush. I let it dry for a few hours and put it back together but it still does the same thing. I replaced both the LCD and battery today and it stayed on for a couple hours charging then I put it in my pocket for a bit and the screen went crazy again on the new LCD. I have no clue what is wrong. When it is on it runs great, no display problems or touch response problems. Any ideas? I'm clueless now.

Thanks

When it doesn't turn on... iTunes will still read it in DFU mode but nothing else until it decides to turn back on again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i need part iphone.you sell your phone to me??

Thanks

NO!! Now why would I do that? haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

Take a look at the date.....I would say, you are about 2 years late with your answer