Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HELP] 3G not working on iPhone 3GS

Default [HELP] 3G not working on iPhone 3GS
    Hi, I have a big problem with my 3Gs.
    Nearly a month I have a problem with the iPhone 3gs 3G network (ios 5.1).
    It has always worked well, but for about a month to activate runs no service. When 3G is off, I can connect with GPRS/EDGE and everything works fine. Wi-Fi works fine as well.
    I tried many things, call my operator, restore the iphone, attempting to clean, redsnow happen again, reset network settings, put it in airplane mode ... and no way to fix it.
    To say that the iphone is MOVISTAR and is not unlock, but use a movistar sim so I've missed unlock.
    The sim is not the problem and the 3G signal in my area either, because on an iPhone 4 the sim works fine and connect 3G network without problems.
    One note, two months ago I had to change the sim connector because he broke an eyelash, but even after I changed 3G network worked perfectly, so I do not think that's why.
    It has been dropped me a couple of times, but I do not think the antenna is damaged because if not signal of any kind, not just 3G.
    Now, another thing that you did not notice. I enabled the 3G service and it indicates NO SERVICE. I leave it connected a few minutes and I have signal and I get the 3G symbol, so it is assumed that would have 3G signal.

I tried to open a page in safari and I say I'm not connected to the internet, but I still have the 3G symbol with 3 lines of signal.

I do not understand.
    So I'm desperate and do not know what else to do.
    I would appreciate your help if something similar happened.
    THANKS!! and greetings from Spain.

Well, I've been researching and I can not know because I have this problem in the iPhone 3Gs.
    I add pictures from my iphone to see if someone who understands these issues can help me.
    Are images of the antenna and one of my springboard for you observe that although I am 3G signal I canīt connect to internet or mail.

-img005gpg.jpg
    -img0062.jpg
    -img0064.jpg
    -img006qpq.jpg
    -img0014.png

I have this same problem and would love some help and thanks all

Please somebody help us out- I've got the same issue! Only normal 'data' works (non-3G) which is very slow where I am.