+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
G'day all, This is actually my first post as a member of the wonderful MMi. I have done a lot of reading of other posts to get a feel for
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.
    G'day all,
    This is actually my first post as a member of the wonderful MMi. I have done a lot of reading of other posts to get a feel for what is Cool and what is Crap. And I thought I would start off with a discovery I made last night Australian time or during your day in the U.S. By the way I love to MOD.
    While in a daze after a long few days building 7 new custom coloured iPhone 4 handsets. Total ground up builds including custom middle frames and screens, all new parts inside and even new Logic Boards. I'm mentally upside down, but considering I live Down Under I should now feel normal. Lol...
    I originally purchased the K.O.Gadget Apple Glow Mod Kit and was a little peeved with the poor quality of the rear cover, like many others were as well. But also the fiddly nature of installing the wiring to the board. There had to be an easier way, so I and many others thought.
    I have also read of a few members from here who are working on their own Kits. I applaud not only their skills, but their Balls aswell for attempting such a task. It is a bit of trial and error and a lot of skill for you guys. My hat goes off to you guys, you know who you are.
    Before I go on here I will make 1 thing clear. I have editied these images to remove Watermarks. I hate them for starters, they cheapen any image in my opinion, but I also want to take focus away from where can I get one now and put it into the Mod alone this includes the kits overall build quality. And if this is wrong please say so and I will replace these images with the Originals.
    I do not own a website, yet anyway. Or am I on Fakebook or any Social network. So I will not be posting these images anywhere but here.
    Ok lets showcase them now one at a time. I personally like two of these kits for their design and quality plus the ingenuity of the designers. It looks like either the clever Chinese Engineers have been either been reading a lot of Forum chatter or are members themselves of this or other Forums. In all but one I found new rear glass designs, using the actual same product as Apple uses. Some even have coloured rear covers including the Mod, some even use coloured LED's. In Australia we spell COLOR with a U, so please forgive me if it seems odd to you.
    will post text directly from the webpage, I will not name any Companies yet. And include modified images.

Luminescent logo mod kit for iphone 4 4S
    Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-light-4.jpg

This is new design, there is a new beautiful lighted logo in your back cover.
    You just need to replace the back cover,it is convenience.

Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-453578398_344.jpg

Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-453579165_600.jpg

Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-453578393_615.jpg

I like the look of this kit but very little available.
    Company are reputable, I have not contacted them yet. They carry full range of Mod Kits, even Leopard Print.
    Minimum Order Quantity is 5.

LED Light logo for Iphone 4 4s

Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-led_light_logo_for_iphone_4_4s.jpg

Specifications
    Luminescent LED Light Mod Kit Glowing Logo for iPhone 4S GSM
    No noticable impact on battery life

Luminescent LED Light Mod Kit Glowing Logo for iPhone 4S GSM

Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-452974348_748.jpg

Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-light-5.jpg

Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-light-5b.jpg

Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-light-5a.jpg

Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-light-5f.jpg

Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-light-5g.jpg

Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-light-5d.jpg

I really like this kit. They have done a great job, especially the coloured ones.
    Price is below $20 each for a Minimum of 20. Company is Verified as reputable.
    I left a hint of where to look, its bloody obvious.
    More to come later.

Just an add on. I just got my custom rear glass from unYOUsual.com
    I like it lots. Already working on a better version.

Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-white_eyephone-2.jpg

Check the pupil, and read where or who it was assembled by.
    The finished product has silver text. Though slightly smaller than in appears in this image.
    But a very nice finish, and identical to image posted here.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

I have dealt with the colored ones before. They are poor quality. The glass backs are nice but I have 4 sitting at my office and none of the LED panels work. The other set I am clueless as to how they would work. They seem to have a huge bulge in the back and I just cant see how they wouldn't affect the back plate from sliding in correctly. Thanks for the heads up though. I look forward to seeing where they are all from.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Thanks

Just to update. I ordered 3 of the light kit with the big bulge. They shipped yesterday, but the seller told me there were wires involved. I asked her to send a picture and they are just the k.o. Mod with colored backs. I asked about the other pics and she said they had none like that. So it looks like I have 3 more crappy kits heading my way. BUT I guess I have extra backs for anyone who breaks theirs lol.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Next Glow Mod kits found.
    As promised, more of the new Glowing Apple Mod Kits available now.

Luminescent Logo Mod Kit for iPhone 4/4S GSM

New Upgraded description:

1.This housing has upgraded the quality similar to the original one. It will show silver logo when not shiny.

2. Add a abstraction of heating iron plane, it could keep 8 seconds shiny then will exchange to breath mode which could help u save power.

3.All new design chipset and flexible cable model are made by Sharp ,it’s IC be done by iphone original factory.

4.This housing can help save 70% power than the old one. New light slice control plane is with filtration function which will not affect the interior of your phone

5.The LED light will be coruscate,like breathe,not light all the way like the old KO kit.

Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-light-3.jpg
    Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-light-3a.jpg
    Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-456878435_327.jpg

Selling point:

1.It will keep 8 seconds shiny ,then will automatically exchange to shiny 4 seconds keep 6 seconds extinguish state .then keep equality

Note: The logo is Chrome silver color,so will not be the same shining with clear logo! If u need clear logo design , Pls leave us message or contact us directly!

Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-light-3d.jpg
    Several NEW Glowing Apple Mods found. Better kits and Cheaper.-456818668_564.jpg

Old kit Features:
    • Improved light kit
    - Enhanced light kit is able to light up independent of the front screen!
    - Lights up whenever front screen turns on, but stays on for 15 seconds after front screen is turned off!
    - Lights up while you are holding the phone up to your face and are having a phone conversation, even when front screen is turned off.
    - Lights up when there is an incoming call, an SMS is received or the phone alarm is ringing
    - Lights up if any background applications are detected to be sending or receiving data during the iPhone's standby mode

• Black cover material: Glass.

Package details
    • 1 x Back Panel with the color and logo of your choice for your iPhone device
    - Color Black or White
    - Logo Original

• 1 x Luminescence Kit
    • 2 xScrew Driver
    • 1 x 3M sticker
    • 1 x Forceps

I like many things about this kit, one standout difference between this kit and every other kit is this.
    "it could keep 8 seconds shiny then will exchange to breath mode which could help u save power"
    All other kits.
    "Lights up whenever front screen turns on, but stays on for 15 seconds after front screen is turned off"
    The Company is verified as reputable. Minimum order is 20
    I will be trying to arrange a sample order of this kit. If anyone also would like to get one of these, please PM me. I have already made contact with them regarding purchase.
    They also make this kit fr the iPad 3.

Dean0

Thanks

Thanks for the update I'll stay in touch

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itslivo View Post
    Just to update. I ordered 3 of the light kit with the big bulge. They shipped yesterday, but the seller told me there were wires involved. I asked her to send a picture and they are just the k.o. Mod with colored backs. I asked about the other pics and she said they had none like that. So it looks like I have 3 more crappy kits heading my way. BUT I guess I have extra backs for anyone who breaks theirs lol.
    @itslivo have you receive the light kit with the big bulge? I just wonder the same as you, can they fit into the phone?
    As what I can understand from the picture, they are using a watch battery to hook up the red wire to the "+" sign and you still need to connect the copper color wire to the metal frame.
    Please update me if I am right and if have picture then it will be great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @itslivo, have you receive you light kit with the big bulge vesion? I wonder the same as you whether can they fit into iPhone.
    As what I can see from the picture, I can assume that they are using the k.o mod to hook up the red cable to the watch battery "+" sign and you still need to connect the "copper" wire to the metal frame.
    Please let me know if I am wrong, if have picture then it will be great.

Thanks

Yeah I received what was supposed to be the bulged version, but was just the K.O. Gadget type. Much better quality backs, but the same thing in terms of install. Big disappointment.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itslivo View Post
    Yeah I received what was supposed to be the bulged version, but was just the K.O. Gadget type. Much better quality backs, but the same thing in terms of install. Big disappointment.
    @itslivo, so does it mean you still need to connect the wire to the capacitor on the logic board? If yes then they make the "bulged" version????

Thanks

As far as I know the bulged version is a fake picture/prototype that isn't available. I ordered those and the ones I received connect just like the K.O. Gadget kits. Positive wire to the capacitor, ground to the long vibrating motor screw. they work just fine but the glass pops off of the plastic bezel after a short while which makes it feel awkward. the nice thing is they make cases that you can still see the apple logo with so that would "solve" the issue for some.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 587 Posts

Where can order these?

Thanks

You can find them sporadically around the internet. I have a pink one and a white one for the 4S if you need one of those colors for that phone. If not do a search for iPhone 4 Light Mod.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 587 Posts

I need a white one for the 4s actually.

mvn
    Thanks

Name:  583130d1335167766t-several-new-glowing-apple-mods-found-better-kits-cheaper-light-3a.jpg
Views: 4030
Size:  2.8 KB
    I have seen and tested majority of the reception prototypes that are supported by a battery patch. Just a heads up, they only work for GSM models iPhone 4. In other words it will not work with the 4S. To be honest with you, i ordered a set of 10 just to test in batches and only 2 of them worked so to say the least i didn't bother wasting my time. The way they work is when ever your iPhone antenna sends a signal, it will light up for a small period of time, in fact you can take any GSM band phone and call somebody, near the back cover to the phones antenna and you will see that it will glow. The battery that supports this light is extremely thin and i honestly cannot imagine it lasting for more then 3-6 months if even that.

Name:  582573d1335173724t-several-new-glowing-apple-mods-found-better-kits-cheaper-light-5b.jpg
Views: 4013
Size:  1.7 KB
    The large pad displayed here is ironically your LCD backlight from the Retina, it is a very amateur design and essentially is made from scraps of front plates that have cracked liquid displays (you can still salvage the backlight). These LEDs are very powerful and it will reflect on your LCD, you will most likely begin noticing the brightness of your original display to diminish. Imagine running two Retina displays at the same time. Although i must say with LEDs that consume less power and a smaller pad, you got your self a pretty solid concept.

Chinese manufactures are really interested in selling these cheap alternatives after KO Gadget but all of them will have a downside. If you want my opinion you can DIY your self a light pad with 2 or 3 LEDs and add two line copper connector on a flexible circuit. I might write a small list of necessary things to buy to produce something like this but id only recommend this for people who have used a soldering iron before.
    Last edited by mvn; 06-26-2012 at 09:16 PM.
    Apple Technician - Modder

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi,
    We found a new connection method and also the light panel is thinner now. Please have a look here

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is this worth buying? I contacted the seller if it is possible to buy 1x of these and he gave me a price of $5.8 and said the shipping would be expensive and told me it is better to buy them in quantity. Im not sure what to do. I only need one of these for my personal iPhone. Does anyone know anywhere else i could get it from? I would like a baby blue colour

Thanks

Which one are you asking about? And what iPhone do you have?

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

Thanks

This one and i have iPhone 4

Thanks

Any good reputable suppliers for these anymore? Kits that aren't complete trash?

I notice this one stays on while charging, kind of annoying..

Thanks

Still looking to buy one of these, anyone know a reliable place to get them from?