Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flash Diffuser

Default Flash Diffuser
    iPhone 4, 4S how to remove and transfer flash diffuser to new back plate?

Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

you can scrape off the current flash diffiuser, but reapplying it I have no idea. It has to be held on with some type of adhesive but I have no idea what kind.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iRevival For This Useful Post:

805 93003 (04-27-2012)

Thanks

If you're trying to take off the flash diffuser from an original back cover (your stock one) then you will have a hard time doing so since they are bonded by a very strong glue. The aftermarket backs usually have a cheaper glue which will making this much easier, using a pry tool to pry it off (as mentioned above). To glue it back on, you will need to visit a crafts store to purchase glue that dries clear and doesn't leave residue, you should ask for a fast drying glue also. To install with glue, simply put a small drop on the area where the flash diffuser is supposed to be and using tweezers set in the flash diffuser (you should press lightly to get an even spread of the glue).

Best of luck!
    Apple Technician - Modder

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mvn For This Useful Post:

805 93003 (04-27-2012)

What mvn said lol
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Update:

So I removed a Diffuser today. They are a paper thin flat disc of clear plastic. One side is smooth, this is the side that contacts the back plate glass. The other side has the diffuser grooves. As itslivo said, it just scrapes off, but carefully scape it off, careful if you do not want to scratch the paint around it. Apple glues it on, I believe with the same clear rubbery glue they use between Front Glass and Digitizer Glass. These are simple to remove and simple to replace. To re-glue small amount of clear glue like MVN suggested between Diffuser and Back Glass will work. Or small amount of any glue placed just at the edges of the diffuser to hold it in place will work fine. This does not appear to be Rocket Science, as with some of the other highly specific repair tolerances Apple requires to get things fixed.
    Last edited by 805 93003; 04-27-2012 at 06:44 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Just to throw it out there paint thinner works wonders removing the flash diffuser. Put some on a cotton swap and hold it over the diffuser while you watch tv or something. 5 minutes is all you need and it'll wipe off instead of scrape off.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!