+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dilemma - Repair or Replace

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, I've got a white iPhone 4 with a power/sleep button that no longer clicks/presses/springs back into place. It still functions, but it bothers me because it doesn't physically
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Dilemma - Repair or Replace
    Hey guys,

I've got a white iPhone 4 with a power/sleep button that no longer clicks/presses/springs back into place. It still functions, but it bothers me because it doesn't physically "click" anymore. So, the phone is still under warranty (until the end of may) but I can't give up the phone with the way I have it set up - iOS 5.0.1 with the iOS 4 baseband 04.10.01 running GEVEY ultra sim on the T-Mobile network. I already spoke with Apple's Genius and they said they would replace it no problem.

My question is should I repair the power button myself or just get the phone swapped out?
    I don't have proof of purchase as I bought the phone second hand and I don't know if I will be able to get the phone unlocked by AT&T or through Tim Cook as some have (or at least I heard).

If I get it replaced is there any guarantee that I can get it unlocked?

Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ask the genius if they would provide you with an unlocked iPhone. If they say yes, go for it, if they say no, then fix it yourself.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

they wont give you an unlocked phone, they will give you the same phone you are giving them. Just get it replaced for free and buy a new unlock sim for ~10

mvn
    Thanks

Depends, is the iPhone in great condition? If so then it might not be worth it getting a new iPhone with an issue that can be easily resolved if you have spare parts laying around, in fact its just a padding issue. Here is a video i made describing the process and the issue:

Apple Technician - Modder

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-17-2012, 06:36 PM