Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cleaning backside of iPhone display! :/

Default Cleaning backside of iPhone display! :/
    Hey all! A few weeks ago, my girlfriend decided to go running with her iPhone 4 stuffed in her bra (women...). She had done it on a few occasions, but this time had a different outcome.
    http://flic.kr/p/bJ8chH
    I'm assuming this is some sort of condensation. The strange pattern has now taken over most of her screen I.e. only gotten worse.
    I've decided to take it upon myself to open up her iPhone and attempt to clean the backside of the display panel. I'm wondering if there's any safe substance I can use (rubbing alcohol, water) that's safe to use, or if a dry Q-tip would do the trick. If anyone has had the same problem I'd like to know if this is even a viable solution or if her screen is beyond repair.
    Any help is much appreciated!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty sure the LCD is done for. I've done a ton of phones that look like this from water damage. My girlfriend does the same thing, only it's all the time. I constantly tell her that she's going to mess up her phone but she's spoiled and has a boyfriend who fixes issues like that for a living so I've always got screens and other parts. Luckily this hasn't happened to her yet.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Quote Originally Posted by itslivo View Post
    Pretty sure the LCD is done for. I've done a ton of phones that look like this from water damage. My girlfriend does the same thing, only it's all the time. I constantly tell her that she's going to mess up her phone but she's spoiled and has a boyfriend who fixes issues like that for a living so I've always got screens and other parts. Luckily this hasn't happened to her yet.
    Thanks for your response man! So you don't think opening it up and cleaning the backside real well would help at all? If I were to try could you recommend somthing I could use that wouldnt harm it further?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Tell your girlfriend she's asking for breast cancer by putting her iPhone in her bra... Get her a strap for her iPhone!

And it looks like water damage... replace the LCD.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah. No cleaning is gonna fix that.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!