+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Which iPhone 4 parts work on iPhone 4s??

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm looking to do some customization on my 4s but there's a lot more parts for the iPhone 4 available that are also cheeper. I want to find what parts
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Which iPhone 4 parts work on iPhone 4s??
    I'm looking to do some customization on my 4s but there's a lot more parts for the iPhone 4 available that are also cheeper. I want to find what parts can be interchanged. The front screens, back glass, middle plates, bezels, ext?
    Thanks

I haz a number
    Thanks

Not worth it. The only part from the iPhone 4 GSM that is compatible is the SIM Tray. From the iPhone 4 CDMA (Verizon) possibly the vibrate motor, nothing else worth the time or effort. Sure the Front Screens are all the same but the mounting brackets are different, not really worth the hassle unless you are doing many, many, many of these.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i was curious about the earpiece speaker today..anyone have an idea if that is interchangeable? looks pretty much identical..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah the same with the some card tray and volume buttons

mvn
    Thanks

If you're an amateur do not try to swap parts without actual knowledge if they work (if you want advice, contact Cowboy). The 4S, iPhone 4 Verizon/CDMA, and iPhone 4 ATT/GSM all carry a different design of mounting brackets to secure the front and back glass. You will not be able to use GSM 4 parts on 4S. A lot of 4S parts are in shortage so be careful modding your iPhone (especially if you're switching the frame since there are no power button flex assemblies available).
    Apple Technician - Modder

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mvn For This Useful Post:

Burton32 (03-31-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

@mvn but are the actual buttons like power volume and mute the same for iPhone 4 and 4s. Not the flex cables.

mvn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Burton32 View Post
    @mvn but are the actual buttons like power volume and mute the same for iPhone 4 and 4s. Not the flex cables.
    The physical metal power button and volume keys are the same, the silence switch (mute/vibrate switch i guess) is different between the iPhone 4 ATT vs iPhone 4S and Verizon.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mvn View Post
    The physical metal power button and volume keys are the same, the silence switch (mute/vibrate switch i guess) is different between the iPhone 4 ATT vs iPhone 4S and Verizon.
    Do you think it will still work seeing it performs the same function or is there a size difference that causes it not to work?

mvn
    Thanks

Do you think it will still work seeing it performs the same function or is there a size difference that causes it not to work?
    If you're referring to the silence switch (toggle up and down) then you cannot use the iPhone 4 GSM one on the 4S as the whole assembly is redesigned from the flex cable to the physical metal button. Everything else will work just fine. Same concept applies vise versa

Green Apple
    Thanks

@mvn thanks that's a big help seeing that you can't buy just the buttons for a 4s yet and can only find them for the 4gsm and I don't have the time to take apart my phone to try and see if they work

mvn
    Thanks

@mvn thanks that's a big help seeing that you can't buy just the buttons for a 4s yet and can only find them for the 4gsm and I don't have the time to take apart my phone to try and see if they work
    Anytime, focus supply carries 4S button sets that work just fine. Send them an email and they will help you out. Shipping will be pricey since they are in China.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah I went to focus supply and all they had was buttons with jewels on them so I just found a set for the 4gsm so I can use the sim tray as well and the middle plate chassis I bought came with a set of matching black buttons. So il use that mute vibrate switch

Thanks

did we ever get an answer on the earpiece?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

well the technically the screen will work, only if you change the frame.