Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Water Damage

Default Water Damage
    Hey everyone, I've been following modmyi for a while now. I recently had some water damage to my iPhone 4 and the front and rear cameras are completely blacked out. The shutters open and take pictures but they're just black. I see that replacement cameras are rather cheap. I was wondering if this is a fix I could do myself with some walk through? However, if there's anyone in the Philadelphia area who would meet up with me and give me a hand I would certainly make it worth your while.

Replacing the camera's is fairly simple. However,if you've never done a repair on an iPhone I would suggest letting a professional do it. But if you feel like being up for a little bit of a challenge check out I fixit. They have some great tutorials.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with delutedsoul. The rear camera isn't very intensive, but the front camera requires a bit more disassembly. Although I don't think they are too difficult to replace, you may want to reach out to someone here if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!