+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 - Pentalobe Screw Won't Come Out (NOT Stripped)

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey Guys I recently changed my screen for the iphone and along the way the wifi signal is weak. I'm pretty sure I know how to fix it pretty easily..except..I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 - Pentalobe Screw Won't Come Out (NOT Stripped)
    Hey Guys

I recently changed my screen for the iphone and along the way the wifi signal is weak. I'm pretty sure I know how to fix it pretty easily..except..I can't get it back open.

I have the correct screwdriver. One screw comes out fine, the other, is not stripped, but it doesn't screw out. It just spins and spins and but doesn't move. The screwdriver has a magnet in the tip so if it were loose i'd pull it out, but its not loose. Its just there, and won't come out.

Any ideas?
    Need some Wifi without being within 10 feet of the router:S

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The screw may not be stripped but maybe the threads on the metal band are? Just thinking hypothetically.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Possibly, but how do i take it out! I think when you either twist them back too strong or push down this happens.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

:'( No WiFi

Green Apple
    Thanks

This will happen if you overtighten the screw when putting it back together. Put a very very small dab of super glue on the end of the screw driver. Let dry. Pull out the screw.

Soak the tip of the driver and the screw in some nail polish remover or preferably acetone to remove the left over super glue. Scrub with an old tooth brush if needed.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbleug22990 View Post
    This will happen if you overtighten the screw when putting it back together. Put a very very small dab of super glue on the end of the screw driver. Let dry. Pull out the screw.

Soak the tip of the driver and the screw in some nail polish remover or preferably acetone to remove the left over super glue. Scrub with an old tooth brush if needed.
    This looks like the best and most plausible solution. Let us know how it goes OP.