Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I turn my black iPhone 4 into a white iPhone 4

I am aware of needing all the required parts: white iPhone home button, back and front but am anaware of where to get it from in the UK, if you could link the parts and the price that would be great!

Whilst I do this it would be EXCELLENT if I could fix my home button which is quite unresponsive, my power button is a bit wobbly and my Volume switches and mute button doesn't work and my iPhone is permanently stuck in silent mode.

I do not care about the warranty and I would love this addition. Will feel like a brand new iPhone

If anyone can help me I would appreciate that so much.

Also I am a bit confused about housing cases, are they the actual genuine backs of an iPhone or just like a normal case?

If anyone has any tutorials they can share with me would also be nice.

Ideally I would like it to look like this along with everything fixed:
    -example.jpg

I would pay a decent amount of money for these additions.

Thanks a lot, Joe.

After looking at this:
    White iPhone 4: early DIY edition, with a touch of black (update: new pics with dock) -- Engadget

I do not want the bumpy edge like in the example, I want it flat like normal.
    Last edited by elementalgodz11; 03-07-2012 at 07:14 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Check ifixit.com many tutorial on how to take apart!

It is actually a pretty simple process to swap your iphone from black to white. As iNFAMOUSxPz said, ifixit.com has some good guides for iphone repairs, but I would suggest you try youtube for some video guides on how to replace those parts. Directfix.com offers a bunch of detailed videos for free on youtube. They also ship to the UK if you cant find a vendor more local to you.

OK Thank you. Any idea on how to replace the back to the official white iPhone 4 glass (not a housing couse as it bumps out) and where I can get it from in the UK.

Possibly where could I get a replacement mute switch and white home button.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

If you want the FULL conversion make sure you order a white dock connector and a white audio flex (for the headphone jack). I do know there is a supplier in the UK. I have dealt with him before for some of the more expensive midframes. His eBay ID is: apple-enthusiast. He may have what you're looking for.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

So you would need the white dock connector and the white audio flex for the OEM white iPhone 4 digitizer to work? I tried to convert my black iPhone 4 using an OEM white iPhone 4 digitizer. The screen came on but the iPhone did not register my touch. I even tried to reset it by holding down the home and power button. I was trying to figure out why it did not work. I was not sure if the white and black digitizer assemblies were interchangeable or I had to buy a glass conversion kit.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kooliospt View Post
    So you would need the white dock connector and the white audio flex for the OEM white iPhone 4 digitizer to work? I tried to convert my black iPhone 4 using an OEM white iPhone 4 digitizer. The screen came on but the iPhone did not register my touch. I even tried to reset it by holding down the home and power button. I was trying to figure out why it did not work. I was not sure if the white and black digitizer assemblies were interchangeable or I had to buy a glass conversion kit.
    If your digitizer isn't working then I'd check to make sure the connection is good. The dock and audio flex aren't required but would make everything white in the end.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Is this OK for a white dock connector?
    iPhone 4G White Dock Connector Charging Port - iPod iPad iPhone Parts , Accessories & Repair Services

Also from here, can you point out which parts I would need:
    iPhone 4 AT&T Repair Manual - iFixit

And finally where I could get official White and Black Glass (would these work):
    http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4...7Cprd:20252006

& http://www.amazon.com/replacement-Pr.../dp/B004COEDQM (this may also have some parts I need).

If there is anything else I would need other than from the two links or glass, please let me know.

Reminder: My home button is very unresponsive, have to press hard sometimes. Power button is fine but wobbly, Mute and Volume rockers broke (stuck in Mute) and I am trying to make my iPhone White which should also eliminate any scratches
    Last edited by elementalgodz11; 03-10-2012 at 08:04 PM.

i used a company called mendmyi in the uk, i found their parts were very good & i spoke to rikki ( think he is the boss) & he was very helpful.

regards

i used the guides from ifixit when i did my old iphone 4 & with a bit of patience found it straight forward.
    Last edited by yusuf530i; 03-12-2012 at 05:42 AM.

That's them, the replacement front & back screens. If you have any problems phone them before you order