About two weeks ago, my iPhone's lock button stopped working and was stuck in position where I could not click it or do anything to budge it.

I found a local place near my house that does iPhone repairs and took it yesterday to have the phone looked at and fixed. When I took my phone in, it had about 5% battery and was very low on charge.

They replaced the sensor cable on the phone and I was on my way. When I got home, I went to charge the phone and plugged it in as normal into the wall but noticed it was stuck on 1% for a while and then suddenly died.

Since then, I have been stuck on the charging battery screen - it detects that my phone is plugged in and charging, but nothing that I've done seems to fix the issue.

I tried doing a restore, hard reseting the phone, plugging it into a wall socket/USB, etc..

Is it possible that when reparing the phone they either damaged a part or forgot to re-connect something that is linked to charging the phones battery?

I have had the phone for a while, and the battery could be shot but that would be quite the concidence that this happens directly after I have the lock button repaired.

If it is something that will cost more money, I would have just paid $150 for a new phone in the first place instead of having to deal with this problem and wasting $48 on a repair.

Regardless, I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem and can give me some advice.

I'm going to call them here in a hour or so and see if they can take a look at it, but maybe there was something else I could try that could fix the problem without having to drive all the way back to their shop.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!