Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help opening my iphone 4s with pentalobe screw driver

Default Help opening my iphone 4s with pentalobe screw driver
    Hello all,

The other day i recieved my KO Gadged light mod for the iphone 4s. I was given a pentalobe screwdriver that wasnt of very high quality and i guess i shoud not have used. My screws on the bottom of my iphone are now stripped, after only attempting to use the screwdriver a few times. My question is, if my screws are somewhat stripped, is there any other option in getting them out with a better screwdriver? some help would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by ipod touch u View Post
    ....My screws on the bottom of my iphone are now stripped, after only attempting to use the screwdriver a few times. ...
    AFAIK can be use only one time.

How do you remove stripped screws from the bottom of the phone?
    How do you remove stripped screws from the bottom of the phone? - iPhone 4 - iFixit

Are you sure the screws are stripped? I did the exact same thing and upon inspection of the screw driver i had just rounded the tip off and not stripped the actual screws. I went to the garage and filed down the tip of the screw driver and wala all fixed, haven't have any problems since and I've taken them out a bunch of times since

I'm in the same boat and I'm not sure I can file it down. It just seems too big period. Not the greatest tool.

I really don't want to wait on a new driver. Any other ideas that won't ruin the screws?

Thanks

When the pentalobe screw first came out, NOBODY had a screwdriver for it. I took one of the small flat tip screw drivers, and filed it down at an odd, blunt angle and got them out. I still have that screwdriver to remind myself to think OUTSIDE the box. The pentalobe screws are actually a pretty hard metal. I used a fingernail file to file down the screwdriver.
    unklbyl

6. The Following User Says Thank You to unklbyl For This Useful Post:

krschmitt (08-14-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by unklbyl View Post
    When the pentalobe screw first came out, NOBODY had a screwdriver for it. I took one of the small flat tip screw drivers, and filed it down at an odd, blunt angle and got them out. I still have that screwdriver to remind myself to think OUTSIDE the box. The pentalobe screws are actually a pretty hard metal. I used a fingernail file to file down the screwdriver.
    yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy thank you for this awesome idea. I got the non-battery side screw out and the other was stuck...I tried super glue and managed to get it about a half turn....then saw this filed in for like 40 swipes and boom. it came out

THANKS