+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing KOGadget's LightMod

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have the iPhone 4 GSM. finally gained the courage to take my phone apart and attempt this and now my attempt failed and my proximity sensor doesn't work anyone

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Make sure you check all of your connections. When installing the light mod you are placing the wire between the front facing camera and the proximity sensor cables. The proximity sensor is the middle one. Make sure that has a good connection. Also, I suppose that the light could be leaking into the proximity sensor. Perhaps a slight relocation of the light mod could fix the issue.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello there,
    I already installed the luminescent, but why the light wont off ?
    Lock mode still lights up.
    But if i power off the phone is gonna off too.
    I already see the video, 3 times installed the luminescent but still like that.
    Any one can help me ?

fyi : iphone 4s Verizon unlock GSM carrier

Sory my english not good,
    Regards

Green Apple
    Thanks

I smell trollolololololol all over thsi thread...odd names, posting only one time, with all sorts of typo's.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcat9 View Post
    I smell trollolololololol all over thsi thread...odd names, posting only one time, with all sorts of typo's.
    I don't believe there is any trolling going on. This light mod is extremely popular with modders of all kinds and from all different countries. Not everyone speaks english good and those who don't still post here seeking help making this thread fairly popular in itself. If they are only looking for an answer there would be no reason for them to post anymore/have this as their first post. No need to call them trolls because they are posting once and with poor english.

Quote Originally Posted by exbly View Post
    Hello there,
    I already installed the luminescent, but why the light wont off ?
    Lock mode still lights up.
    But if i power off the phone is gonna off too.
    I already see the video, 3 times installed the luminescent but still like that.
    Any one can help me ?

fyi : iphone 4s Verizon unlock GSM carrier

Sory my english not good,
    Regards
    As for your light not shutting off I am going to have to assume you may not be waiting long enough for it to do so. The logo will light up for around 15 seconds anytime data is transmitting. This means everytime you turn your screen on, receive a call, receive a text message, switch from wifi to cellular data, have an app updating in the background, etc. it will be on. This means that light does have to potential to actually never shut off.

To check if it is installed correctly I would ask that you put your iphone in airplane mode and then turn off the screen and see if the light shuts off. If it does then you installed it correctly, you just have a lot of data running in the background. If not then you made the connection in the wrong place and need to relocate it.

Hope that helps.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itslivo View Post
    As for your light not shutting off I am going to have to assume you may not be waiting long enough for it to do so. The logo will light up for around 15 seconds anytime data is transmitting. This means everytime you turn your screen on, receive a call, receive a text message, switch from wifi to cellular data, have an app updating in the background, etc. it will be on. This means that light does have to potential to actually never shut off.

To check if it is installed correctly I would ask that you put your iphone in airplane mode and then turn off the screen and see if the light shuts off. If it does then you installed it correctly, you just have a lot of data running in the background. If not then you made the connection in the wrong place and need to relocate it.

Hope that helps.
    Correct me if iam wrong,
    Maybe because i jailbreak, and installing insomnia, thats make data connection always running,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exbly View Post
    Correct me if iam wrong,
    Maybe because i jailbreak, and installing insomnia, thats make data connection always running,
    Yes. Insomnia will keep the light on pretty much forever. Disabling that tweak will make it work the right way.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itslivo View Post
    Yes. Insomnia will keep the light on pretty much forever. Disabling that tweak will make it work the right way.
    All connection off, but still lights up, wont off,
    The "Z" connector is a right place, and ground under hole earphone.
    Get confused.
    Or maybe because my iphone CDMA verizon, then i unlock to GSM carrier...
    Anyone has get case like me ?

Thanks

Your phone being CDMA wouldn't be a problem. I'm thinking your "Z" is the issue. I've never had luck with that setup. Get the cable to touch the bottom of the resistor only. not the top and bottom. That may solve the issue. I'm also thinking that your ground may be in a bad location. Just a scary spot because you could fry you wifi antenna.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567