Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing KOGadget's LightMod

So my led lights up by the displayport! Looks very nice! Figured out, my connection was wrong, + and - have to be changed in difference to the picture, that i posted earlier...
    and its not perfect - display and led lights up - then after typing my passcode, the display turns off and the led lights on.... cant figure out why... waiting for help... otherwise i will give up and wait for the next apple iphone with litghning apple

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf2001 View Post
    So my led lights up by the displayport! Looks very nice! Figured out, my connection was wrong, + and - have to be changed in difference to the picture, that i posted earlier...
    and its not perfect - display and led lights up - then after typing my passcode, the display turns off and the led lights on.... cant figure out why... waiting for help... otherwise i will give up and wait for the next apple iphone with litghning apple
    I took mine out. The poor battery life, excessive heat, and just poor build quality finally got to me. I agree, i am waiting until we see an apple certified light mod!

so guys, mine works!! Looks really great with the display! 8k resistor to the display and one LED! Only thing which doesnt work is the autocorrection for the light! It has to be switched off, otherwise the display turns off-dsc04348.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf2001 View Post
    so guys, mine works!! Looks really great with the display! 8k resistor to the display and one LED! Only thing which doesnt work is the autocorrection for the light! It has to be switched off, otherwise the display turns off-dsc04348.jpg
    looks awesome, how did you do it?

hey, i did it with the connection point i posted earlier in this thread. I used an 8k ohm resistor by the + side, then the led (i broke my led panel so i ordered this led and installed it instead the broken led LED SMD Bauform 0603 wei 690mcd WEMCW01-CM) and finally it works and i noticed no battery drain
    this weekend i will open it again because i found a smaller resistor than i used and will replace it, the i will do some pictures of the inside

iPhone? More like MyPhone Nopstnz8's Avatar
    Thanks

Looking to order one of these, but I see the prices have gone up to $70 now for us in the US. Does anyone know if it's still possible to order a GSM 4 in black that has the Steve Jobs Tribute back? I really like that one, but it's not listed on the reseller's site.

Luminescent Logo Mod Kit for iPhone 4/4S - K.O Gadget Store

So guys, I need a little help. I have 2 mod kits, both black, one for the 4 and one for the 4S. I purchased the 4 version from lightmyiphone directly, and the 4S through someone who had an extra. I've decided these aren't for me, and I'm going to offload these, but I am missing the black foam stickers for each of these. Does anyone know where I can find replacement foam sticker that thin? I've been to about 10 different stores, and looked online, and I can't find exactly what I need.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

(Oh, and as you can see, I've been a lurker here for a long time, and didn't post until today.)

@Daremo / anyone else that can help! I have the ko light mod installed running perfect for a couple of months now and have been considering a full black conversion with black bezel for my white 4s! Would you or any one else know where to find, or if anyone on here has a spare black, ko see through apple logo, back panel to sell ? Thanks!

Default Broken panel
    Hey guys,

I bought the mod kid, loved the light on my phone and like a jackass i dropped my phone and the back panel shattered. Anyone who doesnt want their kit willing to sell it to me? thanks PM me please

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'd just like to add that while I did get this working on my 4s, it's total trash, every piece of it. Actually, like someone else said, the killer two sided tape is the highest quality component of this kit. The back is cheap and WILL break and scratch horribly. The phone will heat up. The light will always be on. It looks cool but it's trash. The flash leaks into camera. There's a huge gap at the top. The back is hardly attached to the frame. Its been a horrible, stressful experience from start to finish. I love the way it looked but couldn't handle how jinky it is. Don't risk wrecking your device for this "mod". It's terrible. I'm just happy I know enough to have been able to try it several times without trashing my phone. I doubt most people have been so lucky. Even just holding it in your hand the phone feels cheaper. Doesn't even feel like an apple product after since the back is so cheap. What a let down it has been. Such a cool mod I wanted it really bad!! I can't even sell this to a stranger in good conscience.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianblondeau View Post
    I'd just like to add that while I did get this working on my 4s, it's total trash, every piece of it. Actually, like someone else said, the killer two sided tape is the highest quality component of this kit. The back is cheap and WILL break and scratch horribly. The phone will heat up. The light will always be on. It looks cool but it's trash. The flash leaks into camera. There's a huge gap at the top. The back is hardly attached to the frame. Its been a horrible, stressful experience from start to finish. I love the way it looked but couldn't handle how jinky it is. Don't risk wrecking your device for this "mod". It's terrible. I'm just happy I know enough to have been able to try it several times without trashing my phone. I doubt most people have been so lucky. Even just holding it in your hand the phone feels cheaper. Doesn't even feel like an apple product after since the back is so cheap. What a let down it has been. Such a cool mod I wanted it really bad!! I can't even sell this to a stranger in good conscience.
    Sorry to hear about your experience and the many others. It is no doubt that this modification was rushed and needed much perfection. The company i work for is nearly finished with their own version to this and it will not require heavy modifications nor will it affect any performance of the iPhone. I'll update everyone once this is complete and all the details.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that kogadget started to take in requests for replacements but be aware there is already a huge line so expect to wait. I know many of you guys are frustrated with their lack of support but they are dealing with more then a couple of thousands of customers so it is difficult. I'm not saying they are right here but as consumers it is important to understand that overwhelming a company can actual prolong the matter further. Hopefully they will straighten things up.
    Apple Technician - Modder

Thanks

Looks like the same stuff kogadget is selling, how is it different?
    Apple Technician - Modder

I have a spare black KO Panel back if you are interested. It is for a 4S GSM model that I got and is brand new unused. Email
    Me if interested

Has anyone found or made a mod that controls the Apple Logo light? Haven't found anything that does yet in Cydia or the App Store. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Chubb0074; 04-29-2012 at 06:45 AM.

so after about 3,5 months my backcover from k.o. gadget looks like this...

i heard its a thin glas so i decided to put a protector foil on it. but you see what happenen now just by picking up my phone

sry double post
    Last edited by Wolfii; 05-02-2012 at 05:37 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I bought this kits and a new edition (6 LED) mod kit.

1. Review of 6LED kit
    Connect to the LCD backlight, light up whenever the LCD is on. Very easy to install and stable. Work very well so far.

2. Basic kit
    Connect to the capacitor as KO mentioned but I use my own method because KO method is not stable. I do not place the "Z" shape between two connector. I don't even make a "Z" shape, I make a "L" shape and connect it at the egde of the capacitor and wrap the cable around the last connector (the two connector that KO ask to peer off while install). Stable it with a tiny black spounce. So far work very well, no problem with the phone too.

I am looking for an app to control the rear Apple logo light. Anyone have an idea which does if any? Thanks in advance.

hello there, wanted to share my experience with the KO Gadget Glowing Back-plate as well.

First of all, i was lucky enough to get that thing through a friend for just a few bucks and not the 40 dollars some ppl asked for it. i think i paid about $10 or so.

i installed it on an iPhone 4 (white) 16GB.

The quality is rather ****** than OK, it gets scratches on it only by looking at it. its 100% plastic and no glass, so don't get false hopes.
    Installation was actually fast, took me about 20 minutes to get that thing on my iPhone, and about 1 hour after installation, to fill the blanks (holes) from the back-cover. every-time the led lightened up, the whole iPhone was glowing through small imperfections from the manufacturing.
    so it was very hard, to fill these holes, so the light would stay only on the apple logo. only thing i couldn't get to stop from illuminating, was the whole from the camera flash, so every-time the logo glows, that little circle lights up as well. fair enough so far.

what i really don't like is, that even if the display gets off, that thing needs about 15 seconds to stop glowing. also, while processes in the background are made, that thing lights up again it doesn't work together with the display.

I didn't have any problems with the battery, but that's because I'm using heavily the iPhone, so i need to charge it every 12-14 hours.

all in all, ok, its an eye catching stuff, but to be honest, i de-installed it and I'm on the search for something better, something that actually works together with the iPhone display.

Default here are some pictures of this mod
    how it looks when its idle

-imag0001.jpg

active state, you can see (not so good) the iPhone flash has light as well

-imag0003.jpg

all together on the bench. You can imagine the connection on the iPhone board, also the placement of the led on the battery. The KO gadget backplate on the left (also you can see the black tape i had to use to fill the holes in order to keep the light in the iPhone, and on the right side the original iPhone4 Backplate (the quality is like day and night)

-imag0006.jpg

i read all the posts and didn't see an answer for this. i tired to put the v1 light panel on from KO and it was unsuccessful and now my proximity sensor seems to be broken or not working anyone know why or can help me in fixing this its driving me crazy. please message me at [email protected] or PM me here any help will be greatly appreciated. i have the at&t iPhone 4 GSM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast