Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing KOGadget's LightMod

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by przeman25 View Post
    You are extremely intelligent person and you know everything the best so be it.!!
    Instead of actual helping us understand how your company improved the mod, you're still acting like a clown. And spelling out your domain l i k e t h i s . c o m still counts as advertising. Hoping to hear some constructive feedback.
    Apple Technician - Modder

I bought the K.O. Gadget mod Kit too and want to mod my Iphone 4. But I want to differ the instructions from KOGadget a bit. I think their connection spot is very very risky, so I decided to take the power from the LCD backlight connection.
    So the light of the LED panel light up when the screen is powered. Unfortunately I found no instruction online for this...
    Only an interesting site: BLOG↓: .....

He took the display connection spot, which I want to use, but I don't know if have to use some resistors for KOgadgets led packpanel...
    I modified Ylliers picture a bit to show the connection point of Iphone 4/ and S. Maybe an 680 Ohm resistor is suitable for that... or 2k Ohm... someone here used this for an 3gs...Apple Logo mit einer SMD LED am Backcover beleuchten
    Attachment 561953

Maybe someone have an instruction or ideas to initiate this
    Don't want to break my phone with this mod - but I think this is safer than the KOgadgets small connectionspot [/QUOTE]

If you do figure out a way to do this, could you post a tutorial of it? I just order my mod, and i completely agree with you that kogadet's method is il-legitamte. Also, i think attaching it to the LCD would not use as much battery because it would only turn on when the screen is on, not when it fetch's data.

I made this modified picture! I had the same idea and will do it in 2 weeks because of trouble at work - and yes this method works with a resistor because of the display voltage... i will do a tutorial in 2 weeks with pictures, by the way iphone 4 has the same connections for display...

awesome! But just for clarification, you said you did get it to work, with using the LCD connector? Im still a somewhat novice at this, so thanks for your patience.

And i also had an idea, I'm not sure if it could work, but i figured it'd be with a try asking for some input. I was thinking about taking off the layer of metal on the inside of my back, and then putting it on the light mod back, and cutting out a square around where the light panel is, so i can increase the durability of the back but keep the mod. What do y'all think?
    Last edited by metsfan67; 02-09-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Yes I think this is possible but to much work for the result...why you dont want to use the back from KO Gadget? Did you brake yours?

No i dont think i explained myself well enough... My plan is to take the metal backing off the original glass back, and then put it on the KOgadet back, because the KOgadget one is extremely thin and supposedly breaks very easily.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metsfan67 View Post
    No i dont think i explained myself well enough... My plan is to take the metal backing off the original glass back, and then put it on the KOgadet back, because the KOgadget one is extremely thin and supposedly breaks very easily.
    I installed mine with no problems,the back is not as flimsy as everyone makes it out to be as I have taken no special precautions while installing it.
    Just don't attach the copper wire to the wifi screw as KO has done, attach to the frame. Myain gripe is the gap between the frame and back housing also you can hot glue the connecting point And red wire.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyrocket View Post
    I installed mine with no problems,the back is not as flimsy as everyone makes it out to be as I have taken no special precautions while installing it.
    Just don't attach the copper wire to the wifi screw as KO has done, attach to the frame. Myain gripe is the gap between the frame and back housing also you can hot glue the connecting point And red wire.
    Hot glue? What do you mean? Like attach the Z shape to the little metal dot?

I just installed this mod on my iphone 4 and noticed my phone doesn't vibrate anymore. I'm sure I just didn't connect one of the connectors correctly. Anybody know which one controls vibrate on the phone? Thanks

To anybody having issues with the vibration, Make sure you aren't covering the vibration motor with the tape. It's very hard to notice but it is right under the top screw on the right where you connect the bronze wire to. Turn down the vibrate switch and you will see it move. Just make sure you don't have anything getting in the way of that. Other than that I have had no other problem with this mod. And I hope it stays that way.
    Last edited by Darko_kun; 02-10-2012 at 04:15 AM.

@Wolf2001 After some looking around, i came across this website: iPhone iGlow Mod (Apple LED Glowing Logo) DIY KIT - Zeetron

it seems as though they are offering a light mod too, however, it looks surprisingly similar to KOgadet's. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see that it says that the rear light gets adjusted with the screen brightness. Since the mod looks the same as the KOgadet one, but has different characteristics, could this be the alternate installation method we are looking for? What do you think?

@Wolf2001 After some looking around, i came across this website: iPhone iGlow Mod (Apple LED Glowing Logo) DIY KIT - Zeetron

it seems as though they are offering a light mod too, however, it looks surprisingly similar to KOgadet's. If you scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see that it says that the rear light gets adjusted with the screen brightness. Since the mod looks the same as the KOgadet one, but has different characteristics, could this be the alternate installation method we are looking for? What do you think?
    Yes, if you can adjust the light it is connected to the display... but I don't know when and if they release a guide or something...
    Will do my mod next weekend to the displayport - hope it will work without any damage I will post some pics

So i did my install, and the only thing that cant stand is the gap at the top. I have no idea how to fix it, any suggestions?
    Last edited by metsfan67; 02-13-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Did you use KOGadgets instructions? What went wrong? What Type of IPhone? Need more information to figure Out why your phone doesn't power on...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

So i did my install, and the only thing that cant stand is the gap at the top. I have no idea how to fix it, any suggestions?
    What I did is remove the rolled up tape KO said to use and used tape ribbon From another iPhone. Works really good, I have had a solid connection of the red wire as well.
    It eliminated my gap but it is not tight like the original but no bulge either from the tape.

Quote Originally Posted by solidstan View Post
    Better Than a solder, hot glue will remove easily in case you have to remove the mod.

@Wolf2001 i got it figured out, i just needed to pull the battery connector out and out it back in, thanks for the offer to help though

Also, does anyone know the kind of coating that apple puts on their back that makes it anti-finger print? Can you buy it anywhere and install it yourself?

@Wolf2001 i got it figured out, i just needed to pull the battery connector out and out it back in, thanks for the offer to help though
    np, only want to held - did anyone fgures out my solution with display meanwhile? I'm a bit excited for my mod at the weekend Hope it works...
    @mvn: any news about your tips or connector? is the possibility to proto-test your kind of solution?

I got the light to turn on but the light just won't shut itself off after 15 or so seconds. I'm not charging the phone or using it. I heard it's suppose to stay on for 15 or so seconds and then shut off but for me, it just stays on regardless of whether I'm using it or not. At first, the light would stay on for 15 or so seconds, turn off for half a second and then turn back on and repeat. Now, it just stays on and won't turn off. I can't say I did something because I have gotten the light to turn on, but I can't say I did it right either because it's not working the way it's suppose to. Can someone help me here, thanks.

So guys... this weekend I modded my Iphone 4 with the light mod from KOgadget but instead using their connection point i connected the Led with a 2000ohm resistor to the display... It was also very tricky to solder the wires to the points because they are realy realy small...
    Result: By turning on the phone the LED light wasnt light up... testes some things but couldnt figure out why the led was not working.... finally I broke my led from Kogadegt and ordered some new LEDs.... my project isnt't over yet
    If someone knows why the led wasnt turn on I'M very happy for some tips --> by the way I testes the power comsumption with a multimeter near by the led and yes, there was enough power and voltage for the led...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast