+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing KOGadget's LightMod

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Wow, if he doesn't know,noone will know --> this is a nice word! I'm very interested to connect it to the display, i think 2k Ohm are suitbale for this.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow, if he doesn't know,noone will know --> this is a nice word! I'm very interested to connect it to the display, i think 2k Ohm are suitbale for this. Maybe you could show him this page: Apple Logo mit einer SMD LED am Backcover beleuchten

Its a german modde who used a 2K Ohm resistor for his 2G! AND! he uses the dispalyconnection
    I am looking forwards hearing from you and thank you for your help

mvn
    Thanks

Thanks for referencing the post, German is not an issue we can translate. Ill sit down with him sometime next week so i will try to get back to you guys as soon as possible. I know waiting for a forum response might seem like it will never come but if we cannot find a solution, i think then we will work on developing our own. The company i work for has been doing so already but if my friend pitches in we might speed up the process.

The display connector port is an ideal place, it make sense and the wiring works out great in my experience. I was using a lot of Leds for lighting because i think you need at least 6 to truly mimick a perfect beam of light however diffusion of light is important as well so there has to be a housing behind the leds to produce proper diffusion. In the end as a novice in iPhones electrical side, i can cleary say that what Ko Gadget produced was an idea that you sit down with your beer buddies and come up on a drunk Friday night and then make it look good, sell thousands, and forget about it. its a cheap product produced with no care or attention and detail and as an Apple fanatic as many of you are here, i hate lack of attention to detail. Money should never be the primary factor in a launching a product and i believe that is why a lot businesses and products fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf2001 View Post
    Wow, if he doesn't know,noone will know --> this is a nice word! I'm very interested to connect it to the display, i think 2k Ohm are suitbale for this. Maybe you could show him this page: Apple Logo mit einer SMD LED am Backcover beleuchten

Its a german modde who used a 2K Ohm resistor for his 2G! AND! he uses the dispalyconnection
    I am looking forwards hearing from you and thank you for your help
    Apple Technician - Modder

iPhone? More like MyPhone broncosi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viperpsych View Post
    Thanks for the video.
    Does anyone have a picture of the red cable connected to the point on the logic board.
    No matter where i place it i get no response. :-(
    it's the black area between the two gold ends that the bare tip of the red wire needs to touch. click to make it bigger.
    Installing KOGadget's LightMod-project1-4.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's exactly where I have been placing it. :-(
    I put a very small piece of 3m tape on the 8 dots. Stuck the red cable to it with the end pretty much all over the small connecting area. I then placed another piece of 3m tape on top and made sure it kept in contact. Re connected the battery and powered up. Touched the gold wire to the frame and pushed down on the red wire. Nothing. I don't know what else I can do to try and make it work?
    I must have a faulty panel. The iPhone battery says 3.5v. So if I wired a few AA batteries that would give me 3v. Would that be enough to maybe light it up?
    Thanks for your reply mate.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes I think you can Test it this way - 3V should be enough to light the LED up

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just finished installing the light mod I got from lightmyiphone.com. Took about an hour. Works perfect! No noticeable glitches in the phone. I will use it for awhile and see how it holds up in real world use. Best advice is to follow each step CAREFULLY and do EXACTLY as it says.. Take your time and you will be fine. If you have any questions, feel free to message me:-)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've managed to sheer off the phillips head screw on the tiny screw next to the camera on the emi shield. so when i try and unscrew it it just turns and i can't get it off... i really wanted to install this mod and i now can't get past the second step of installation! if anyone has any ideas on a fix for this it would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harryafc View Post
    I've managed to sheer off the phillips head screw on the tiny screw next to the camera on the emi shield. so when i try and unscrew it it just turns and i can't get it off... i really wanted to install this mod and i now can't get past the second step of installation! if anyone has any ideas on a fix for this it would be greatly appreciated! thanks!
    Yea go to ifixit and order the screw extractor pliers or tool set,problem solved!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Here is the link to the tools --> Precision Screw Extractor Set - iFixit
    Could you take some photos od your modding process? especially the connection to the connectionspot? Thanks

Thanks

i installed mine fine, but after a few days use, this happens
    Installing KOGadget's LightMod-img0041nmj.jpg

Now they won't reply to any of my emails

Like A Boss

Green Apple
    Thanks

How did this happen? Did you sit on it or did it fall down?

Thanks

the back panel was coming away from the frame, so i took it off and began to super glue it to the frame (as there glue was crap) and when i was pushing down, it shattered, not even hard push either

Like A Boss

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They are Celebrating their new year. I don't think they will back online until early Feb.
    I'm sure they have a lot of e-mails to reply to?
    Also I tried to connect my panel to 2 x 1.5v AA batteries and nothing. The panel didn't light up.
    I think it's faulty. :-(

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I got my kit from lightmyiphone last night. I installed it on my iphone without any problems. The frame around the back panel is loose and needed to be crazy glued back on. There is some light leakage around the edges of the phone.

The worst part of the whole thing is the fact that when you take pictures with the flash on, pictures get washed out in white light. HORRIBLE.

I can live with everything else, but not with the flash problem.

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks, someone else told me to just pry it open! i know its stupid but i did it anyway and the screw (and its housing) popped out! intalled the mod and every things fine! love it...

the back panel was coming away from the frame, so i took it off and began to super glue it to the frame (as there glue was crap) and when i was pushing down, it shattered, not even hard push either
    this also happened to me! i decided agains super glue and decided to use a bumper to hold it all together... it all sounds a bit botched but u seriously couldn't tell of any defects if you saw my phone its pretty impressive and I'm pretty happy with everything! I'm also not experiencing any light leak issues with the came either... ill post my full thoughts here later!

DONE! Thanks for the tip! It was a bit of a botch job... I used a splurger and prized the screw free! Thank god nothing broke! It's installed and I love it! Hope I never need to take it back to apple cos the inside of this thing is now a MESS! It was a struggle getting it all together, but 45 mins wrestling with it got it working well! I have noticed as I'm typing this that my wifi isn't working... That's probably because of where I atatched the brown wire to the top left of the frame. Hopefully easily fixed!

NOTE: the wifi issue sorted itself out some how after a couple of re-boots? although i haven't seen the full bars I'm used to getting since the install!

And... I know it's been said but this back is really thin... And cheep, it's plastic not glass! On install I was super carefully not to snap it but because it bows over where the led is installed the top of the "glass" has popped out of the white bezzle. I've used a bumper for a quick cheep fix which is working well for the moment... Tomorrow I'll be out with the super glue to fix the issue! Overall I'm happy even tho it was a massive botch operation! i have no previous knowledge of hardware mods and although it was a bit daunting and improvised i got it done and am very happy with the thing!
    Last edited by Harryafc; 02-02-2012 at 04:03 AM.

Thanks

Default Available now!!! In illinois
    The Official US iPhone Logo Light Mod Kit for 4/4S
    -EASY TO INSTALL
    -IMPROVED LIGHT KIT
    -CHOICE OF PANEL COLOR
    -REQUIRED TOOLS INCLUDED
    Currently We have them ONLY ONE IN ILLINOIS!!

The long-awaited iPhone 4 / 4S logo light-up mod kits are here!

This mod preserves the iPhone's original dimensions and thickness as the stock Apple rear panel.

Your iPhone will still perfectly fit all Bumpers and Cases designed for it.
    Last edited by Cowboy; 02-04-2012 at 05:14 PM.

mvn
    Thanks

Lol, shameless plug. Whats so improved about your logo kit. The company i work for deals with one of the largest factories in Shenzen, you cannot get tampered glass with the transparent logo (OE/OEM grade). You can also get Grade A, B, or C glass which does not carry oleophobic coating. Unless you magically made a deal with Foxconn. Eager to hear your replies
    Quote Originally Posted by przeman25 View Post
    The Official US iPhone Logo Light Mod Kit for 4/4S
    -EASY TO INSTALL
    -IMPROVED LIGHT KIT
    -CHOICE OF PANEL COLOR
    -TEMPERED GLASS REAR PANEL
    -REQUIRED TOOLS INCLUDED
    Currently We have them ONLY ONE IN ILLINOIS!!

The long-awaited iPhone 4 / 4S logo light-up mod kits are here!

This mod preserves the iPhone's original dimensions and thickness as the stock Apple rear panel.

Your iPhone will still perfectly fit all Bumpers and Cases designed for it.
    Last edited by mvn; 02-02-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks

Default About Logo kit
    You are extremely intelligent person and you know everything the best so be it.!!
    Last edited by przeman25; 02-03-2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Someone is really provocative. I dont want fight with anypne.

mvn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by przeman25 View Post
    I am not trying to lie anyone. I am not trying also sell anything to you!.
    There is nothing magical here.
    Only thing is some people have some connections what apparently you don't have and don't understand.
    I don't have those connections my suppliers have it.
    I don't have to prove it to you anything.
    Only people who purchased this product already they know.
    So you can live in your "magic" world in our world only "Money talks "
    Take care.
    What does money have to do with anything and what magic worlds? I was saying your advertising which is against the rules so now i reported your post since your acting like a troll. I also asked how you improved on the quality of the light and no matter what suppliers you have, the information is pretty clear, Foxconn does not sell their glass with the Apple logo cut out. Therefore what ever claims you may have in regards to tempered glass are false at least its in original quality with oleophobic coating.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Ok guys argument over infractions will be given respect one another.
    What mvn is saying is true about the glass. But that doesn't mean that the mod it's self cant be improved with better quality.
    I guess the question is how is your mod better than joe jacks?
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast