Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Help please
12-31-2011, 05:37 PM #1
Im really getting frustrated, I have an Iphone 3gs on 5.0.1 (this also happended on 4.3) it is jailbroken, anyhow I was syncing my iphone and it crashed "not to safe mode for some reason" to a bog standard screen iphone screen so i had to reboot it, since then I try to connect it to my pc (windows 7) and it doesnt recognise my iphone at all not in device manager or anything. I have tried restarting the apple mobile services and its still not recognised, the iphone is recognised in DFU mode but not in standard user mode, does anyone have any advice.
Steps so far :-
Restored with custom 5.0.1 sn0wbreeze installed cronus (all working) this happend while i was on 4.3 hence why I restored.
Installed Sbssettings all ok
Started syncing and my phone rebooted into a standard state no safe mode, and I had to hard reset my iphone to get it out, and now its not recognised by pc at all.
I am currently uninstalling all apple stuff from my pc now.
Also when I try and respring my device through Sbsettings it freezes on respringing (Im guessing ther is a major glitch in sbsettings) and I have to hard reset again.
Update uninstalling all apple related stuff off my laptop and deleating all apple folders dint work its still not connecting so any help would really be appreciated.
Oh and by the way Happy new year x
Last edited by Garethm1976; 12-31-2011 at 06:11 PM.
01-02-2012, 04:17 AM #2
I had lots of problems with an iPod trying to show up on the computer (Windows 7 as well). Here are my steps to fixing my iPod Touch 2G(probably will work with your iPhone 3GS).
1. Restore your iPhone (Back everything up, of course). I use the Settings way after backing up. To do that, open Settings, tap General, swipe down to Reset, and tap on Erase All Content and Settings. Before you connect it to iTunes again, obtain the backup from this directory that iTunes uses "CUsers\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup" You will be copying and pasting it later on.
2. Download iTunes again and reinstall it. This will make sure your iTunes won't be corrupted. After that, run it, and plug your iPhone 3GS in a working USB port (verify this one).
Sometimes there is an error here after installing the Apple Mobile Device Driver (ignore this if it does not happen). If this happens, unplug the iPhone 3GS, and try placing your iPhone in Restore Mode. If that doesn't work, unplug it again, and place it in DFU Mode. One of these should eventually get you to view your iPhone 3GS in iTunes.
3. Paste the backup back into the directory "CUsers\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup" .
4. Open iTunes, and restore with your customized iPhone Software Update.
5. When prompt to choose a backup, choose the one you copied earlier.
6. Use your iPhone 3GS
01-11-2012, 09:31 AM #3
Still no joy I cant even back up my iphone looks like its a full wipe n restore again 4th time now, then re jailbreak arrrrggghhhhhh. Thank you anyhow x
I dont know if this helps but when i plug my iphone into anycomputer to charge its still not recognised and doesnt charge, when i try redsnow reboot or anything like that it finds my iphone in dfu mode but thats it, once its rebooted its not recognised. Im guessing there is something corrupted in the iphone firmware/software but dont have a clue of what.
Last edited by Garethm1976; 01-11-2012 at 10:00 AM.
03-03-2012, 02:41 PM #4
Hmm... I definitely feel you. I had several situations like this. Here are my other steps to diagnosing this problem.
1. Install iTunes on another computer and try it there. Make sure that you plug it in correctly the first time so the Apple Mobile Device Driver installs correctly. This is definitely the most vital step.
2. If all succeeds, attempt the steps I listed earlier.