+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How does iTunes know the color of your iPhone? (Which hardware part provides this info)

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm curious because I am replacing a friend's iPhone 4. She has bought both a White and Black on off Craigslist. And I told her I could convert it for
    k3u
    Thanks

Default How does iTunes know the color of your iPhone? (Which hardware part provides this info)
    I'm curious because I am replacing a friend's iPhone 4. She has bought both a White and Black on off Craigslist. And I told her I could convert it for her because the White one is locked and the Black one she is currently using is unlocked so a LCD convert and back housing should do it however. I want her to get as close as possible to a OEM White iPhone. I notice when you plug a White/Black iPhone 4 into iTunes/Computer it shows you the correct color. Now which hardware do I also need to replace in order for the correct information to show up?

I haz a number
    Thanks

Once iTunes reads the iPhone Serial # off the Logic Board it knows everything about the iPhone. I do not know if it cross checks with other identifiying #'s like IMEI etc. But all it needs is the Serial #.

k3u
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 805 93003 View Post
    Once iTunes reads the iPhone Serial # off the Logic Board it knows everything about the iPhone. I do not know if it cross checks with other identifiying #'s like IMEI etc. But all it needs is the Serial #.
    Dang it, so what you're saying is that the logic board holds this information and the base band chip is ALSO on the logic board so essentially there's NO way a converted iPhone can show up the correct color right? Unless you also change the logic board but in this case I want to keep it since it has a specific unlockable base band my friend needs.
    Last edited by k3u; 12-31-2011 at 12:39 PM.