Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Proximity sensor issue

Default Proximity sensor issue
    Yes, I have the ip4 that may or may not have had the ps issue....
    But now, and for the past few months.... It don't work at all...... There is nothing I can do to even get my screen to go dark while on a call...
    Is it possible for it to come completely unhooked?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

If you've never had the phone apart I HIGHLY doubt it would've come disconnected. Sounds like a faulty proximity sensor to me. You can find them all over eBay as well as many of the sites we use for aftermarket parts here.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Quote Originally Posted by itslivo View Post
    If you've never had the phone apart I HIGHLY doubt it would've come disconnected. Sounds like a faulty proximity sensor to me. You can find them all over eBay as well as many of the sites we use for aftermarket parts here.
    What would be better... Muchbuy.com or eBay?
    Thanks for the info!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

i've never personally dealt with muchbuy.com but I know a lot of people here have so they are legitimate. I've bought several from ebay and others here have as well. There are varying degrees of success but from my experience I get about 90% perfect parts off of ebay. Just make sure you check their feedback and do your research. I guarantee that 10% of bad parts were usually a fault of mine. Plus if it is the sellers fault they pretty much always send a replacement.

Thanks

If you do not mind, ill ask some questions:

1) Did you ever replace the front screen on your iPhone 4 or tamper with the iPhone in general?
    2) iPhone 4S? iPhone 4 Verizon? ATT?
    3) Is your iPhone carrying the 5-star torx or regular philip screws for the back cover?

If you want to test your connectors, you will need to remove the back cover, battery, and EMI shield which is fastened by 5 screws. It will be the 2nd connector out of the 3 smaller ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rlowride View Post
    Yes, I have the ip4 that may or may not have had the ps issue....
    But now, and for the past few months.... It don't work at all...... There is nothing I can do to even get my screen to go dark while on a call...
    Is it possible for it to come completely unhooked?

No, I've never had my phone apart in any way
    Completely stock AT&T ip4
    I bought it with 4.2.1 no issues at all... Jb near immediately.
    Have stayed on 4.2.1 with jb until the 5.0.1 came out

Started having the problem before I updated though. So that should rule out the update.
    To my eyes it looks t like the 000 Phillips screws on the bottom.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by rlowride; 12-29-2011 at 04:21 AM.

Thanks

Started having the problem before I updated though. So that should rule out the update.
    To my eyes it looks t like the 000 Phillips screws on the bottom.

Thanks!!
    Very strange, is the iPhone still on jailbreak? I have experienced jailbreaking affecting the proximity sensor before (VERY RARE) but it happens. Have you tried going restoring to factory settings? If you have the philips screw those units are usually more prone to proximity sensor issues especially after a screen replacement but since you have not had this unit ever taken apart, it should not be affected.