+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Charging Port Failure

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Well I am in a bit of a predicament. I have an iPhone 3GS and when I try to plug it in to either a wall charger or my USB
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Charging Port Failure
    Well I am in a bit of a predicament. I have an iPhone 3GS and when I try to plug it in to either a wall charger or my USB adapter, it will not charge. The odd thing is if the iPhone sometimes recognizes it has something in there, it just does not charge. For example, I put in a charger from a 3rd party company and it gave me the Accessory not optimized for iPhone error, as it should. Also when I go to plug it in to iTunes, I hear the hardware connected sound play on Windows, but it gives me the USB Device Malfunctioned error. Is there anything I can do to fix it short of ripping apart the entire thing and putting new parts in? (Please don't tell me to get the phone replaced, I doubt I can get a new one running iOS 4.3 or lower and I don't think I will be able to put up with a lack of an untethered jailbreak). Oh yes and I am certain my charger is not faulty, it charges my iPod Touch just fine. I have also tried doing a hard reset to no avail.

EDIT: I managed to somehow fix it Heres how I did it for anyone whos wondering, after it hit 25% battery I thought its time was over so I popped the SIM and turned it off. Left it off for 3-4 days and then flipped the mute button on and off a few times, then put it in the down position and plugged it into my computer. It automatically turned on and it gave me the 2 vibrations that signal battery charging in progress. Unplugged it and re-plugged to make sure it was working, it works just fine so I put it into wall power. All is fine now
    Last edited by yappers4; 12-28-2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Fixed