+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Screen not working after disassemble

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, today I dissasembled my iphone 4 trying to fix the home button not working properly. thing is i made sure every thing was in place but when i finally
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 Screen not working after disassemble
    Hi, today I dissasembled my iphone 4 trying to fix the home button not working properly. thing is i made sure every thing was in place but when i finally assembled it, the screen just stays black even tho you can notice the backlight turns on and the phone works just fine.

I plugged it in and itunes can see my phone correctly and i can hear music from it and watch photos so i guess the mainboard is not f'ed up. so i figured the conection between the lcd screen and the mainboard is not making proper contact even tho i made sure its connected properly (the 5 flex cables on top of the mainboard and the big one at the bottom).

If you guys got some suggestions i'd appreciate them since i live in Argentina and Tech support is Non-existant here for apple products.

Thanks.

PD: more funny stuff: i actually fixed the home button (since i can test it by putting the phone in sleep mode and pressing it so the backlight turn on) but its actually useless since i cant use it right? my luck i guess...

Thanks

Try holding the power button and home button for 15 seconds. Other wise try disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes and reconnecting it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Holding power + home does nothing neither does removing the battery. I mean its strange that the phone works just fine exept for the screen that only light the backlight, i checked the 2 lcd flexes and they are properly connected. idk what to do to be honest.

Thanks for replying tho!

Thanks

If you have another screen I would test that. Possibly you damaged the flex cable, as they are very delicate.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i dont, but i guess i could buy one, thing is i dont want to waste money on a screen to find out it wasnt the lcd afterall. is there a way to be certain that it is infact the screen?
    Last edited by maxspeed3006; 12-09-2011 at 04:50 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone?

I dont want to buy a whole lcd replacement just to find out it wasnt the screen after all, is there a way of replacing the flex cable instead of the whole thing?

Thanks

If you want you could try cleaning the contacts for the lcd display with Isopropyl alcohol.

Green Apple
    Thanks

When you reassembled it? how did you install the power button? I took apart mine couple weeks agoa nd coudlnt figure out how to install power button so I went to a store and they fixed it for 50 bucks, but now my proximity sensor/ mic canceling does't work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iZone Repair View Post
    If you want you could try cleaning the contacts for the lcd display with Isopropyl alcohol.
    Thanks for replying, already tried that, so i guess the problem must be the screen's flex.

When you reassembled it? how did you install the power button? I took apart mine couple weeks agoa nd coudlnt figure out how to install power button so I went to a store and they fixed it for 50 bucks, but now my proximity sensor/ mic canceling does't work.
    When i dissasembled the phone i never touched the power button, when i reassembled it i made sure the top flex connectors made proper contact so my power button / proximity sensor / etc is still working fine.

Green Apple
    Thanks

When you unscrewed the two screws that holds the power button plastic , you didnt move the power button at all right?

So should I just unscrew it, reattach a new proximity sensor, *NOT TOUCH POWER BUTTON* and put it back together?

I don't understand the power button's clicking mechanism, which is why I had issues with it. I think not having proximity sensor is getting to me ..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

is the flex cable a separate piece? i would isolate that first then LCD panel. one of the two may be causing the problem.

Green Apple
    Thanks

A221 OEM iPhone 4 4G Proximity Light Sensor Flex Cable Noise Cancellation Power | eBay

Thats the ipHone 4 flex cable. You can rip that piece right out, after you take out the logic board. That cable's responsible for power button, Proximity sensor, and noise canceling)

What I did was replace it with one that was sent to me on ebay, the Power button works, but proximity sensor and noise canceling doesnt......but I was unable to put the power button back together with the clicking mechanism, so I went to a store to fix it for $50.......now I'm thinking of taking it apart to install the replacement iPHone 4 flex cable that the ebay seller replaced and hope it works.
    Last edited by warz2k4; 12-19-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can someone please tell me how to replace my Proximity cable properly, so I don't have to go to a store and pay 70 bucks.......Please help...My biggest issue isnt installing the proximity sensor, it's putting the power button bracket back together with the power button.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by warz2k4 View Post
    Can someone please tell me how to replace my Proximity cable properly, so I don't have to go to a store and pay 70 bucks.......Please help...My biggest issue isnt installing the proximity sensor, it's putting the power button bracket back together with the power button.
    You want step by step instructions?
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Green Apple
    Thanks

With pictures and videos preferably, I used iFixit.com and those were just horrible.

Thanks

Well thats the only people that i know that have anything lol

Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Green Apple
    Thanks

By any chance, can you explain how the mechanism of the power button works? I'm REALLY worried that when I take my phone apart again, I can't reassemble the power button to have a "clicking" mechanism.

Thanks

Its stupid simple just make the hinge part of it is facing down words when installed and it should be perfectly fine

Green Apple
    Thanks

But when I push the button, i don't hear the clicking noise...

The last time i did that, everytime I pushed the button, it would feel like it sunk in.

Thanks

Then it's not in right it only goes in one way