Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How does the iPhone 4 power buttong spring mechanism worK? URGENT

PLEASE HELP ASAP..

I'm in the middle of repairing my iPHone's power button, i replaced the flex cable...

I cannot get the mechanism for the power button to work, (there is a small black rubber thing) i don't know how it goes back in, but i think its to give it the spring feeling.

can someone plz help
    Last edited by warz2k4; 11-30-2011 at 05:42 PM.

PLEASE HELP ANYONE, I put my phone back together and now it won't even boot up....also the power button issue may be the problem, theres no good spring on feeling on it

I am also now getting no service on my iPhone , my flex cable doesn't work, Please help me i am so upset.
    Last edited by warz2k4; 11-30-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Can someone here with knowledge of how to dissemble and iPhone 4 please PM me?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The power button is a complete b*#@h... I hate even having the 2 words together in 1 sentence - power button... *shiver*

If you plug the iPhone into the charger it should boot it up with no problem.
    iRepair Indy

Good news and bad news

I took it to a local technician, they rape the **** outta my wallet. Cost 54 dollars. They took apart my phone and reassembled and fixed the power button issue. He said he coudln't fix my issue with the no signal, but i put in my TMobile sim + gevey, and it started to work again.
    Thats the good news...

The bad news is that the proximity sensor does not work, also when i hit speaker and in a phone call, the microphone doesnt work. It seems like everytime a problem gets fixed, more problem comes with this phone. I can live without proximity sensor, and without using speaker phones(which I don't anyway). I think i'll leave my phone the way it is and ride it out till something comes along. I've spent way to much on this phone as I previously sold my GalaxyS2 for this. Also, he put in Apple screws, which looks like a pentalobe into the bottom screw casing, in which i would not beable to open my phone unless i purchase a penatole screw.

Thanks

That sucks... you could always try to warranty the phone out. Just make sure you tell the Apple Store, if you have one near you, that you never opened the iphone.. don't even mention trying to fix it yourself or having someone else fix it.
    iRepair Indy

i don't think theres warranty for my phone. I did get a return/exchange for the proximtiy sensor the ebayer is sending me. I might just keep that for now, and find a techinician thats willing to do it cheaper. Also i learned that the proximity sensor flex cable is also responsible for noise canceling which is why my speakerphone Microphone doesn't work.

Also, I got my phone on ebay, it's still under 2.10 baseband and version 4.21

Thanks

It's easy to see if your iPhone is under warranty... get the serial number and put it in here https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreemen...mic.do?newid=y
    iRepair Indy

Nope its not on warranty anymore. But even if they replaced it, i can't use it cause im using it on a unlocked carrier via Gevey sim