+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4s Replacing Front Screen and Back Cover

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey I plan on color converting my iPhone 4s, both front and back. I don't have any experience in this kind of hardware modding. I've never opened up my phone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4s Replacing Front Screen and Back Cover
    Hey I plan on color converting my iPhone 4s, both front and back. I don't have any experience in this kind of hardware modding. I've never opened up my phone before nor do I know how everything works inside. I'm careful and have common sense, and I have taken electronics apart before, but do you guys think I would be able to convert both the front and back of my iPhone with messing anything up? If so, are there any tutorials specifically for the iPhone 4s? Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate it.

I also plan on purchasing the conversions from a site I found in another thread that everyone recommends. The front screen is specifically for the 4s, as well as the back cover, though I'm not sure if the back cover is the same as the iPhone 4 back cover.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

No they are different.

As for your abilities to perform the procedure. Well it isn't hard but its not easy just go slow and take your time. i believe ifixit has a good youtube vid on how to do the take apart. i find the put back to be the harder part so just take your time go slow and pm me if you run into a problem or complications.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    No they are different.

As for your abilities to perform the procedure. Well it isn't hard but its not easy just go slow and take your time. i believe ifixit has a good youtube vid on how to do the take apart. i find the put back to be the harder part so just take your time go slow and pm me if you run into a problem or complications.
    Make sure you purchase for the 4S, because like Cowboy says, they are different...
    Take Your Time, it is easy to screw up and no one wants to damage their device.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright thanks guys. I'll let you know how it goes. One last thing -I wanna change the middle plate to black as well, and I checked some sites out. FS sells its for $70 (on sale from $80), but this website has em at $44 plus shipping: Black Metal Middle Plate Housing Cover with Small Parts for iPhone 4S - iPhone 4S Parts - Trait Tech - Wholesale Electronics - China Wholesale - Dropship From China

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    No they are different.

@radchad, ignore what I'm bout to say.

@Cowboy - my buddy told me they are actually the same screens.. just different placement with the anchor points. I havn't looked close enough.. but to me it's not worth it at all.. I'd rather use the 100% correct screen. I guess he ran out of screens and used one. I dunno, maybe he's full of crap lol
    iRepair Indy

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Yes you can cut a clip and the 4 cdma version will work but the backswill not
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yea, that's why I think it's ridiculous how suppliers charge more for the 4S screens..
    iRepair Indy