+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs Sim Card Slot Port Connector Replacement

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a iphone 3gs that was given to me with a broken lcd. Repaired that but the sim card keeps giving errors. Went back and looked and the little
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3gs Sim Card Slot Port Connector Replacement
    I have a iphone 3gs that was given to me with a broken lcd. Repaired that but the sim card keeps giving errors. Went back and looked and the little copper pin on the bottom of the sim card slot port is all jacked up someone obviously opened this before it got in my hands. I found the replacement part online just not sure what it entails to install. Anyone ever do this install i have done the sim card contacts before but never the whole port. Any help would be great this is the part im speaking of.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

I have never had to replace a whole one of those if anyone knows the process that would be great.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I will take a picture of what im talking about but pretty much the copper clip on the bottom is bent so its always down. The sim card tray protrudes a little so im not sure if its cause the case if off or what im gonna start by buying new sim contacts and a whole new backing since this one is pretty jacked but its a 32gb 3gs that powers on fine an all so would like to save it if i can. May send to you cowboy