+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Having issues after you replaced a part?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Settings> General> Accessibility > Large Text make sure its turned off
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Settings> General> Accessibility > Large Text make sure its turned off
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

got12narow (01-21-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    That was my first thought too but no dice. Maybe I'm just remembering wrong but something seems off in certain applications. Like its scaled up. It doesn't seem to auto adjust brightness either......I'll keep tinkering. Thanks again for everything!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After changing the battery on my 3rd generation iPod touch 64gb, the headphone jack stopped working all together. I ordered a new headphone jack and soldered it in and still no audio. I restored the iPod through itunes but still no go. Any thoughts? And if anyone has a picture of all the components near the headphone jack I would like to make sure there wasnt a component where the 2 blank solder spots are.

iPhone? More like MyPhone eliaskok's Avatar
    Thanks

nice thread i had the same problem with a screen and this thread helped me a lot! thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

I changed my screen a couple of days ago. Compared to my wife's original screen, her screen look a little bit brighter when I look at the screens sideways / angle with the brightness set to max. I thought I bought an original/aftermarket screen but I'm not sure anymore. Is there any way to check if the screen is original?

Have you experienced variations between original/aftermarket screens?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's most likely a Grade A/B quality. I'm not sure of the way to tell other than the numbers on the cables themselves of the LCD. It's very common

Thanks
    Thanked 14,773 Times in 6,870 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshmoulton View Post
    It's most likely a Grade A/B quality. I'm not sure of the way to tell other than the numbers on the cables themselves of the LCD. It's very common
    What numbers differentiate the different quality screens?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have no idea what numbers do, I'd imagine if you compared the OEM LCD ribbon to the latter, it's going to be different.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did a color swap on a GSM 4; front, back, and frame. Battery was dead so I plugged it in, showed the red battery, but now it doesn't want to turn on. I was given this with a broken screen, so maybe I just don't know how to turn it on? Held the lock button, and alternatively the home button.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Does itunes see it?
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, says it is in recovery mode and needs restored. The download in itunes got interrupted last night so I will have to try againwhenever I get access to a Windows machine. No itunes for linux.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Download failed again, unknown error (9006?). Maybe I'll install windows on my laptop, the one I was using is loaded to the brim with garbage software.

I also replaced the dock connector, didn't mention that before.

It seems I also forgot to put the SIM tray eject lever/mechanism in the new frame, the tray is stuck in the logic board. I tried a bent safety pin, but it isn't budging.
    Last edited by DerHoggz; 06-30-2013 at 06:22 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After doing a housing replacement on iphone 5. The phone refuses to charge. I can plug the charger in with the phone off and it will turn it on. But no icon to show its actually charging.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello, I just replaced a bad battery, and a dock connector. When i plugged the phone in, it powered on, but doesn't show on the screen that it's charging, nor does it acknowledge that a power cable has been plugged into it when it's on.
    I have checked connections, I have tried different USB cables, but realized that the phone still takes charge. It only appears like it isn't..
    I've also factory reset the phone, but it doesn't alleviate the problem.
    Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So, I have an iPhone 4S. Every single part of the phone is new except for the logic board. The camera will not work. When you open the camera, the shutter never opens and it just sits there. The only way to reset and try to open the camera again is to reset all settings. Any ideas or is the logic board screwed ? If so, where can I find a working logic board ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Havik602 View Post
    Hello, I just replaced a bad battery, and a dock connector. When i plugged the phone in, it powered on, but doesn't show on the screen that it's charging, nor does it acknowledge that a power cable has been plugged into it when it's on.
    I have checked connections, I have tried different USB cables, but realized that the phone still takes charge. It only appears like it isn't..
    I've also factory reset the phone, but it doesn't alleviate the problem.
    Any ideas?
    Try another battery or another charge port. It could still be a faulty part there.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG27 View Post
    So, I have an iPhone 4S. Every single part of the phone is new except for the logic board. The camera will not work. When you open the camera, the shutter never opens and it just sits there. The only way to reset and try to open the camera again is to reset all settings. Any ideas or is the logic board screwed ? If so, where can I find a working logic board ?
    Sounds like the board might be bad. Message B-Roll. He fixes crazy stuff like that.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey guys did Two Screen replacements, same issue both times the phone won't turn on. Tried a Hard reset and nothing. computer won;t recognize, itunes nothing. All i get is a slight flicker when trying to turn it on.

any suggestions?

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PURE XTC View Post
    Hey guys did Two Screen replacements, same issue both times the phone won't turn on. Tried a Hard reset and nothing. computer won;t recognize, itunes nothing. All i get is a slight flicker when trying to turn it on.

any suggestions?
    Unplug the lock button flex cable and try plugging it into your computer like that and let me know if the phone turns on without the lock button being there.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

Green Apple
    Thanks

The lock button is on a flex cable right? Along with the proximity sensor. So would have to take it all apart, remove that small flex cable assembly then reassemble with out it.
    How can the computer turn an OFF phone ON?

Any pics or video?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was disassembling iphone 4 when logic board didn't seem to come off(all screws removed). I tried to pry a little if there was some glue holding it but no luck. Then I realized the sim card was still in. Sim card out and the logic board was loose. Went on to replace power button flex, reassembled, turns on fine. It didn't read sim card so I turned the phone off and back on. It recognized sim normally, entered pin code and then it keeps saying "Opening..." (or that's what I think it would be in english) and won't go anywhere from there.

So, did I just broke the sim card reader? I took the logic board out again and the sim card reader looks fine, can't see any damage on it. Also blew some air on it to get rid of possible dust but didn't help.