+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Having issues after you replaced a part?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Not the entire part. Just an outline of the gold bracket that touches the camera. So the flash should be the only thing that shouldnt work. I'm just not sure
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not the entire part. Just an outline of the gold bracket that touches the camera. So the flash should be the only thing that shouldnt work. I'm just not sure why it's malfunctioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Nope if its not the camera then it would probably damage to the logic board so its not reading the flash on the camera right
    THIS^ i broke that part where the bracket was. Nothing more, Nothing less.
    Last edited by Apachino; 11-08-2012 at 07:15 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In restoration after fully replacing all screws to the best of my abilities. Fingers crossed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello people, I have replaced a screen on a black 4s yesterday but for some reason the phone won't turn back on. I've tried another screen and the hard reset but no joys. I've tried checking the cables but still no joys.

Any help appreciated

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've also plugged it into iTunes and its stating that the phone is detected and in recovery mode

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

Try using redsn0w to kick it out of recovery mode.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just replaced my broken screen with a coloured chrome one. Switches on, recieves calls and texts and shows wifi and 3G on screen but neither home button or screen function at all. I've examined all cables and all looks ok. Restored to factory settings on iTunes but still the same. I've switched screens on other iPhones before with no issues. Any ideas or remedies welcome

Thanks
    Thanked 3,808 Times in 2,187 Posts

Sounds like a bad digitizer to me
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

^+1

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi guys,

A few months ago I got I replacement display assembly for my iPhone 4S for the purpose of a white bezel black screen mod. As with all my iPhone repairs I followed the step by step guide on ifixit for the screen swap. Everything went flawlessly. I stored the genuine iPhone display assembly in bag that the replacement screen came in and put it away with my other spare electronic parts. Last night I swapped the genuine display assembly back onto the iPhone only to discover that both the LCD and digitizer aren't working. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cables, restoring the iPhone, and blowing the connectors with compressed air but it still doesn't work. There are no bends in the flex ribbons or visible damage on the display assembly itself and it was working perfectly fine when I removed it. I know the phone turns on because I can sync it in iTunes, it vibrates when the silence switch is toggled, and makes connection sound when connected to my computer. Everything works fine once I put the replacement screen back on.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong and how else to troibleshoot the problem?

Thanks.

Thanks

have you tried doing a hard reset yet?

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I just tried a hard reset, still doesn't work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys, so i bought housing for my phone and did an install myself. After the install i had a problem with my earpiece. I could make and recieve calls and my speaker worked fine however i could not hear anything through the earpiece, though the caller could hear me. This issue somehow fixed itself in a days time. Then i bought parts to fix my audio cable recently and now that its fixed the same earpiece problem has returned. Only now its been 2 days and it still hasnt "fixed itself"..what may be the problem ?

I can use headphones for calls now though but its annoying having to rely on then to pick up or makecalls

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Long time lurker first time poster First off, Thank you Cowboy for the direct advice previously and to the other regular contributors for the knowledge that I have gleaned up to this point. I have a 4S that I purchased from the previous owner that had a screen replacement done at a non apple storefront. My daughter recently helped me break the screen, and since my ear speaker stopped working I decided to perform a light green swap using PacificToy when I replaced the speaker. I've run into a few issues and really need a little more help. The info needed is below with specific questions in boldface:

-Upon reassembly, the phone powered on when plugged in and functioned like new (including the ear speaker), minus the lock/power button.
    -The power button did not press down, "click", or function in anyway
    -I disassembled the back, battery, board, and camera only (not the screen) to look into the lock button issue
    -The lock button is intact, the arm is not damaged in any way, and I did not see any damage to the flex cable.
    -What causes the mechanical click feeling? Is it the cable or am I missing a "spring" of some kind? I also ordered a new flex cable as Cowboy suggested I may have overtightened the cable. Slightly loosening it did not make any changes
    -Upon 2nd, 3rd, and 4th re-assemblies the LCD did not function, so I think I may have been too rough with the cables while working on the lock button. A 2nd LCD is now en route at my expense along with an extension/test cable
    -Additionally, I've found that my rear camera no longer focuses. Is the focus an internal function of the camera or could I have fouled up something with the connection of it?

My apologies for being so needy and for the long winded post. Thank you all for all of your previous help and in advance for here...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Getting a new proximity sensor flex cable will replace the power button mechanism as well. It's a small "nipple" that has a little play in it, I see them happen quite often where they need replaced to get the button mechanism working again.

If you replaced the back of your phone with the Light green kit, Pacific Toy puts a small thin film on the outside of the camera lens. Use something to peel it off. You can usually pick at it with your fingernail and tell there is a film on it. They also put clear plastic on the inside of the back glass as well sometimes, check there first.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Great, thank you. Worried about the camera though. I'm still waiting on my parts, so I have my OEM back glass on and the camera no longer focuses....

Thanks

As for the camera, have you tried a restore to fix the issue? That particular problem could be either hardware or software and if it is on the board than we're stepping a bit out of my bounds on that. Replacing the camera may fix the issue, the problem is even the "cheap" after market ones are like $80 for the 4S. Plus there's no guarantee that it'll fix the focusing issue. As always, check/clean your connections to ensure good contact. I'd try the restore first and take it from there. Remember, set it up as a new iPhone when you restore. If it works then restore it from a backup. If it stops after that then there is an issue in the software somewhere. Takes a few hours though.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    No, I had not tried a restore. Was going to wait until I got in all of my parts in to dive into it, just in case there was hardware that was suggested to replace. When I replace the screen, I will be sure to clean everything and do a full restore......Thanks again!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys, so i bought housing for my phone and did an install myself. After the install i had a problem with my earpiece. I could make and receive calls and my speaker worked fine however i could not hear anything through the earpiece (the caller could hear me). This issue somehow fixed itself in a days time. Then i bought parts to fix my audio cable and after i opened the system to install the new cable the same earpiece problem has returned. Only now its been 2 days and it still hasnt "fixed itself"..what may be the problem ? The first time that the ear piece problem occurred was about a month ago.

I can use headphones for calls now though but its annoying having to rely on then to pick up or makecalls

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheLXD View Post
    Hey guys, so i bought housing for my phone and did an install myself. After the install i had a problem with my earpiece. I could make and receive calls and my speaker worked fine however i could not hear anything through the earpiece (the caller could hear me). This issue somehow fixed itself in a days time. Then i bought parts to fix my audio cable and after i opened the system to install the new cable the same earpiece problem has returned. Only now its been 2 days and it still hasnt "fixed itself"..what may be the problem ? The first time that the ear piece problem occurred was about a month ago.

You need to replace your earpiece speaker.

iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've pulled off the color swap/repair but still have a couple of issues in unsure of.
    -lock button is still not right. I've got the lever down and replaced the cable but no spring action. It just sits in there loose (not a huge issue, using activator)
    -rear camera still no focus (guess its hardware and will swap it out eventually)
    -most important. It appears my resolution is different. The LCD quality I is amazing but it's size. Everything seems larger. For example, in email I used to see 5 lines where I now see 4. Same in Facebook, palringo, and other apps. Any thoughts?