+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g camera problem

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
camera stuck on shutter logo, what i have already done is to change my old camera to new one but still same shutter logo, checked slot of camera cable, now
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iphone 3g camera problem
    camera stuck on shutter logo, what i have already done is to change my old camera to new one but still same shutter logo, checked slot of camera cable, now m clueless ...any help is much needed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Could be a faulty camera you bought i have had this many times. If not have you tried restoring? Just for the sake of it? Are you 100% you bought it for the correct device? Etc. there are many reasons why this could go wrong. Make sure you follow tutorials exactly, to see where your going wrong.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ya bro i m 100% sure coz, i tried with two piece of different camera available for iPhone 3g, not only i checked it after i was not successful i decided to go to some repairing shop and there they himself installed new camera for 3g but it still stuck on camera shutter, and as far as restoring is concerned i did downgrade to 3.1.2 - 4.2.1, clean install n as well as restore.... i dont have any clue now wat to do, kindly someone help me on this i will be very thank full of urs.

Thanks
    hmhm maybe it is a faulty camera? if someone at a repair shop is still not able to install the camera correctly it might just be the hardware

Green Apple
    Thanks

what do u mean by installing camera correctly,as far i know there is no need of rocket science in installing it, just one cable attached to camera and a screw, correctly me if m wrong, and what are you saying about hardware , which part should it be, if it some I.C or something else do tell, coz when i asked to that mobile repairing center they said that they need to have board of 3g, which they don't have right now, he said if i can tell him whats the problem is actually(which I.C or something else), then he can help me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Maybe the connector on the motherboard is damaged?
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

Green Apple
    Thanks

so is that connector is changeable or not?

Thanks

If it's the camera flex connector cable that is damaged then it is easily replaceable. If it's the motherboard's connector for the camera that is damaged then it's a lot harder to repair (at that point I would get a new phone if you need the camera function).

Green Apple
    Thanks

hmmm ok i got that, but i was wondering aint there anyway to change that particular slot where camera flex is attached on MB, if its possible then i guess i can manage it at some cheap cost.

Thanks

That would mean a complete reconstruction of the phone's internal parts; it is how it is.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ohk so i suppose that connector on MB is not repairable, now i think all i have to do is to buy new MB or a New iPhone