Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Sleep/Wake Button Broken

Default iPhone 3GS Sleep/Wake Button Broken
    So I broke the sleep/wake button on my iPhone 3GS and can't get it to work. The real problem is that I have a tethered jailbreak still active on the device and I can't get it to go into DFU mode. If someone has any kind of advice on how to fix this problem, please share.

Thank you in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 606 Posts

What part of it broke? If the actual button is missing you could still push it with a paper clip. If the flex is broke just replace the power flex assembly.

The actual button is not missing, but it is that when I press the button, nothing happens.
    If this is the flex that is broken, how would I go about fixing this?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 606 Posts

Replace the audio flex cable ribbon jack. It has the power button and mute and volume buttons. Replace this and your power button will work again

Last edited by jolyrogger; 10-27-2011 at 02:47 AM.

Sometimes you can get the Power Button working by squeezing (pinching) that top corner front glass and the back case together, while pushing the Power Button. If this gets it working, and you can see a gap in that corner, often you can fix by carefully supergluing the case and metal bezel back together in that corner.