+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! White screen after Reassembaly -__- IPHONE 4

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Alright, so I am one of those DIY guys who need to do it first and if it doesn't work when I do it I'll send it out. I have
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy HELP! White screen after Reassembaly -__- IPHONE 4
    Alright, so I am one of those DIY guys who need to do it first and if it doesn't work when I do it I'll send it out.
    I have a black iphone 4 which I converted to white and pink. It is jailbroken.

THE PROBLEM:
    I have recently ordered a white front LCD, Digitizer and front glass from Emicron Solutions from Amazon. When I received it I immediately got to work. I checked flex cables and they seemed to be fine. I carefully disassembled my phone and reassembled it with the white screen on. I accidentally ripped the original flex cable to the black screen so I only have the white screen. The OG screen still works but digitizer cable is torn slightly so i cannot use it (I was a little too rough removing the screen:/), but I can use it to make sure that the logic board is sending the right signal (which it is). When I put my white screen in, it only shows a white screen. I power it up, no apple, just like 3 minutes of waiting on a blank screen. Not even powered. I would leave it for a little bit then I can press the power button or the home button and it would bring up just a white screen. All other functions work,vibrator, power, home and volume keys. My comp recognizes when it is plugged in. I'm still getting notifications and texts so those are fine. I tried all the things i could find. I've unplugged and replugged a dozen times. I did the Power + Home reset. I did Home + Volume up + Power. I did Home + Volume Down + Power. I just ran out of things to do. Do YOU guys have any other suggestions? I'm Just stumped. I wish I was more tech savvy but i sadly, I'm not.

Oh, and at one point, I plugged it in and it was barely functional. It was a pale grey picture with horizontal white lines across the screen. I'd love to have that screen back just because it worked. It's been like a week without my phone and I'm doing business out of my Google voice number :/

iPhone? More like MyPhone Nopstnz8's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe a defective screen? Can you return it for another one?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nopstnz8 For This Useful Post:

OGFuzzy (10-24-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had this issue with a couple of my repair screens. 1) the pins on the LCD flex are broken or missing. (compare them to the black screen) 2) I torn plastic connector on the flex cable for the LCD. (this also cause a white screen when connected) 3) check the lcd flex cable plastic connector for damage.

So from my experience the LCD is not sending the correct signal to the phone, which causes the white screen. I have multiple test phones and this is my results of testing the screens.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jolyrogger For This Useful Post:

OGFuzzy (10-24-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

SOunds to be that it is a blown lcd
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

OGFuzzy (10-24-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dang, I was hoping to be able to salvage this without having to go through waiting for another one. When i compare the two, they're pretty much identical. There is a rattle in the new screen, in the little silver box shaped component attached to the flex cable coming out of the lcd. Maybe something was loose in that.
    I just printed my shipping label to return it through amazon. Hopefully the next one isnt broken.
    thank you for your suggestions. They're much appreciated

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Special skills sounds like you need super powers to perform iPhone repairs. All you need is a steady hand and patience with attention to detail. If you have these you should be okay to work on your own phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Yup. Taking your time and not getting frustrated is the biggest thing
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here