+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3g wont turn on

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
so i traded my iphone first generation for a broken iphone 3g. (i know what your thinking its a dumb trade but the iphone 3g was in working condition just
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3g wont turn on
    so i traded my iphone first generation for a broken iphone 3g. (i know what your thinking its a dumb trade but the iphone 3g was in working condition just disassembled the lcd was broken and digitizer too as well as the housing and flex cable.) so i spent around 40 dollars fixing it. so after getting all the parts i needed for it to be fully together besides the new digitizer i put the lcd in and synced the iphone to my iTunes, everything was going great everything was responsive. so finally my digitizer came in and i put it together and when i booted up i was greeted with a white screen so i rebboted, rebooted again then restored ( p.s i was jailbroken with redsn0w ). so i opened the iphone up agian to see what was wrong and everything looked to be intact. im not sure if it was the lcd because it was brand new and worked a few hours before i got my digitizer in the mail that day. im not sure what to do. also i didnt turn it off before i put the lcd down again before fixing.

I haz a number
    Thanks

First step to fix iPhone White Screen is Reset, hold both Home and Power buttons until the iPhone begins to restart. If this works done. Try Reset a few times to be certain this won't fix it.

Next is to Restore Firmware with iTunes. Seems you have done this. Restore again can't hurt.

Next is to Reseat Flex Cable #1, LCD Display Flex Cable carefully to the Logic Board.

Next is to try another LCD Display.

Next is, you have a Logic Board problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if it a logic board problem there is no fix for it?
    i put the old lcd in it and connected it to the computer and it wont turn on it doesnt make the noise that it is charging either. do you think replacing the lcd is worth it because so far its not doing anything.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If it's a logicboard problem then it's a lost cause. Just get a new iPhone at that point!
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!