Results 1 to 15 of 15

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iphone 4s digitizer the same as CDMA iphone 4

  1. #1
    iPhone 4S Digitizer the same as CDMA iphone 4?

    Found out the only difference are the mounting tabs location
    Last edited by hitsue; 10-20-2011 at 10:12 PM.

  2. #2
    Thats correct the new digi frame on the 4S is a nice mixture of the gsm and cdma iPhone 4
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

    Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    so let me get this straight...

    a CMDA iPhone 4 LCD/Digi part WILL fit on a 4S?

    because i accidentally bought a CMDA part..was wondering what i could do with it...

  4. #4
    No it will not fit the 4S is different then the 4
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

    Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

    harmon (10-26-2011)

  6. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    thats what i thought thanks!

  7. #6
    You CAN use a cdma digitizer in the 4s models, there is only one tab that needs to be easily clipped off and one tab on corner that needs the hole slightly ovaled more with a dremel or just not put a screw in that one. (And I mean slightly, very little dremeling required)
    Watch my video here.

    iphone 4s digitizer differences Iphone4s - YouTube

    hope this helps

    from The Linux Motion

  8. #7
    mofugggz,

    Nice Video, thanks for the clear and detailed information. Especially regarding the corner tab difference. Could you also compare the CDMA (Verizon) back cover and the 4S back cover? Some say they are interchangeable and fit perfect, others say there are very slight differences?

    Thanks again,
    Brad

  9. #8
    sure, I will order some fancy back cover replacements for myself and we will take a look. I will post back as soon as I receive parts.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mofugggz View Post
    You CAN use a cdma digitizer in the 4s models, there is only one tab that needs to be easily clipped off and one tab on corner that needs the hole slightly ovaled more with a dremel or just not put a screw in that one. (And I mean slightly, very little dremeling required)
    Watch my video here.

    iphone 4s digitizer differences Iphone4s - YouTube

    hope this helps

    from The Linux Motion
    I have an iphone 4s and noticed your video about the tabs. However, is this also true for GSM iphone 4s? I wanted to get a full conversion kit for my iphone 4s but only saw the housing for iphone 4 on ebay. I want to get the right parts, but all the listings does not specify whether the housing is for GSM or CMDA. Does the GSM iphone 4 digitizer housing have different tabs as the GSM iphone 4s digitizer housing?

    Thanks

  11. #10
    Default not sure
    LoL I am already working on this solution as well but I do not see replacement parts for the phone offered yet, and I do not know anybody with one yet. I will make a call to my nerd friends and see if they know the answer.

    PS I have ordered cdma and a 4s back door they will arive soon, I heard that they will NOT interchange, BUT they said that about alot of apple products, I will see if a slight mod can make it work or if i can remove the back frame from the back glass, the back cover is glass on plastic and the glass is painted, so as long as it does not mar the paint you will not see the frame swap with double side sticky tape. (IN THEORY)

  12. #11
    4S colored conversion kits are out, are you trying to make a color that isn't available or you just want to use what you have? I just converted this a couple days ago. See the photos of Siri







  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thDAY View Post
    I have an iphone 4s and noticed your video about the tabs. However, is this also true for GSM iphone 4s? I wanted to get a full conversion kit for my iphone 4s but only saw the housing for iphone 4 on ebay. I want to get the right parts, but all the listings does not specify whether the housing is for GSM or CMDA. Does the GSM iphone 4 digitizer housing have different tabs as the GSM iphone 4s digitizer housing?

    Thanks
    CDMA and 4S back glass is the same..
    cellular-medic

  14. #13
    Default solved
    There you have it, Dee9299 says that the cdma will fit new 4s. I will post pics to verify. This is good news, it would be terrible if you needed 4 differnet back glasses for mods as well. The mid frames on all these are diff as well. so confusing LoL.

  15. #14
    ^^ You're wrong. the CDMA Back glass WILL NOT FIT the iPhone 4s.

    I know from personal experience, as well as iFixit has also confirmed it.

    Just wanted to throw that out there.

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by readerbreader View Post
    ^^ You're wrong. the CDMA Back glass WILL NOT FIT the iPhone 4s.

    I know from personal experience, as well as iFixit has also confirmed it.

    Just wanted to throw that out there.
    I am actually not wrong. I have a cdma back on my 4S right. Also with a little work you can get a gsm back to fit. Also didn't ifixit also say the front display for the 4s was the same as the cdma one.....we know how that turned out.
    cellular-medic

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •