+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microphone not working after replacing dock connector

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, When trying to replace the battery, connection 4 was accidentely torned off. I replaced the battery and the dock connector with new ones, when I turned the device on
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Microphone not working after replacing dock connector
    Hello,

When trying to replace the battery, connection 4 was accidentely torned off. I replaced the battery and the dock connector with new ones, when I turned the device on nothing happened.

So I imagined it was a faulty battery, replaced it with the old one and at first glance everythng seems to work. However, the microphone does not work, neither when calling nor when recording a voice message. The speaker works, so does charging the phone.

I do still have the old dock connector which worked fine, can I use the microphone of that one and solder it onto the new dock connector? Can anyone explain what exactly to (de)solder onto what?

Also the battery drains REALLY fast, about 20% in 5 minutes time. I checked google and I found it might be the flex cable?

I have an iPhone 3G 16GB on version 4.2.1 (Jailbroken).

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

The whole dock part has the mic integrated if you got this online send it back for a replacement