+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 water damage

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I put my phone in the wash last monday morning, and for the last week I left it alone other than blowdrying it and having it in rice and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 water damage
    So I put my phone in the wash last monday morning, and for the last week I left it alone other than blowdrying it and having it in rice and damp-rid. Miraculously it came on this morning, but only stays on for about 5-10 minutes at a time, and the battery percentage always stays the same. But it never fully charges. After about 4 hours of being plugged in and turning off and on by itself, it went from 19% to 47%. When it's on everything works, except for the wi-fi, in the settings it's just gray and says "no wi-fi." What can I do to have this stop happening/fix it, does anyone have a solution? I've already taken the battery out and cleaned the connectors, no luck, same thing happening.
    Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 594 Posts

You need a new battery definitely

Banned
    Thanks

I have put my iphone 4 accidentally put into the pool. Please Recommend the place to fix my iphone!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

will a new battery solve this turning off/on? I've ordered one. Otherwise are there any other potential solutions? Would taking it apart and putting the logic board in alcohol do any good?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 594 Posts

Yes it's definitely a power issue most likely the battery. Yes cleaning the logic board with ipa as long as it's denatured and above 95% it's a good idea to remove any corrosion that might be set in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eryic View Post
    will a new battery solve this turning off/on? I've ordered one. Otherwise are there any other potential solutions? Would taking it apart and putting the logic board in alcohol do any good?
    No dude this is happening because your phone board's has humidity on many elements yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

would more rice/damprid time potentially solve this?