Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iphone screen assembly on black iphone? Will it fit?

Default White iphone screen assembly on black iphone? Will it fit?
    Dropped my iphone 4 (black, AT&T), and want to replace the screen assembly with a white one.

I have heard the white iphone is slightly thicker. Since it came out a year after the black one, I was wondering if any hardware revisions took place that would prevent it from working.

Found a black replacement for $36 here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Iphone-Screen-.../dp/B0042I3UJE

But would rather put on a white one if its only a couple dollars more.

Thanks.

As long as its another gsm screen you will be fine
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by brutusx00 View Post
    Dropped my iphone 4 (black, AT&T), and want to replace the screen assembly with a white one.

I have heard the white iphone is slightly thicker. Since it came out a year after the black one, I was wondering if any hardware revisions took place that would prevent it from working.

Found a black replacement for $36 here:
    http://www.amazon.com/iphone-LCD-Screen-Replacement-Digitizer-Assembly/dp/B0042I3UJE

But would rather put on a white one if its only a couple dollars more.

Thanks.
    For iphone screen I think the more DuoRen want to know how to maintain. I here said a bit.
    Capacitance screen is more the major disadvantage of drift: when the environment temperature, humidity changes, environment, electric field change will cause capacitance screen the drift, cause is not accurate. For example: after startup display temperature rise will cause drift: touch the screen user at the same time the other hand or body side near the display will drift; Capacitance near touch screen larger objects after moving back to drift, when you touch if someone gathered to watch can also cause drift; Capacitance screen the drift reason belong to technical inherent shortage, environment potential surface (including users body) although and capacitance touch screen far away from, but much more than fingers area, they directly affect the location is determined. Touch

yes, you can try it first.

If it's the gsm version it will work!

Thanks

I did exactly the same thing. Dropped my black iPhone 4 and screen shattered. I ordered a white screen assembly along with the white back cover and it seamlessly worked well

Any colour will work as long as it's gsm (as people said above.)