+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Front Screen Adhesive Removal

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Front Screen of iPhone 4 was removed; A Modmyi.com member asked "Once I have removed the front glass, can I remove the adhesive film (all the small glass shards are
    I haz a number
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 Front Screen Adhesive Removal
    Front Screen of iPhone 4 was removed;

A Modmyi.com member asked "Once I have removed the front glass, can I remove the adhesive film (all the small glass shards are stuck to it) if I don't have a replacement adhesive film? It's fairly difficult to remove the rather microscopic pieces of glass...
    Thanks to everyone that helps!"

The answer to this question was never posted. Discussion was not allowed. What is going on???

Brad
    Last edited by 805 93003; 10-17-2011 at 05:30 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There are 10 small screws inside the housing that actually do most of the fastening of the LCD/Digi. I personally have NEVER replaced the adhesive on any of the iphone4's I've repaired. as long as you make sure that the LCD/Digi frame is properly seated and then fully tighten the 10 screws (1 in each corner and 3 down each side) Then there is no reason why you would NEED the adhesive. I believe that apple puts it in just to make sure it doesn't slip out of place if the screws were to loosen.

I haz a number
    Thanks

Tornath, have you ever removed the two large double sided adhesive strips on the iPhone 4?

Brad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes. When Replacing a broken screen I almost never leave them on. If I'm doing a Color conversion kit, I'll leave them on simply because there is no reason to take them off. But if broken glass is stuck to it, etc, then yeah, remove 'em.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

That was my post, I had Cowboy answer me in a PM. Yes you can remove it since there are 10 screws that will be holding the new screen in place. In other words, you will not need replacement adhesive!
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!