Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A5 to iphone 4

Default A5 to iphone 4
    I saw some articles on xdadevelopers how some straighthands guys adding 3g to a wifi only tablet.... The question is of course if it is possible to change the A4 chip with an A5..... If yes in theory i will probably will look on internet to find one and will try..

Hahaha! This made me laugh....

Two TOTALLY different beasts, dude. Unless your some sort of technical engineer with the high tech machinery to replace embedded microchips on teeny tiny little logic boards (which if you had those capabilities, I'm sure you wouldn't be on here asking), it's a no go, bro.

As for the 3G on wifi tablet, I'd like to know which tablet your referring too? anyways, that's possible probably because there's a 3G chip already installed on the tablet. Was probably easier to work with.

the think is maybe funny but on the pc you can change the processor just like that why not to try here? yes it's smaller but my question is for those of you who have some abilities and if this will not affect the soft....

On a PC or laptop the processor isnt soldered down to the motherboard, on the iPhone it is. For the iPhone, you cant just lift a switch and pick up the A4 and replace it with the A5. You have to actually attach it to the motherboard without destroying anything around the motherboard. And there are compatibility issues, etc.

Basic answer; no.