+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Headphone Jack not working properly - Help

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a US version of 3GS. One day after having plugged in an audio line to my stereo, started to hear static noises to the stereo and noticed the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS Headphone Jack not working properly - Help
    I have a US version of 3GS.

One day after having plugged in an audio line to my stereo, started to hear static noises to the stereo and noticed the right speaker sounding weird. I tried the original earphones and the right side was indeed broken. Either there was huge static, loss of audio, or just nothing at all.

I'm living in China and I have tried going to the Apple store here. They cannot help since their 3GS have only Wi-Fi, therefore the part is different. They cannot order the part from the US since customs will not allow that. I guess the cost for the repair would be high anyway.

I saw some sites saying that there might be something inside that have moved. I tried moving the earphone jack slowly inside and out. If I insert the headphone jack slowly and not all the way inside, I can still hear both sides to be on clearly. However, inserting it all the way in, the problem comes up again.

Anyone having experience in solving situations like this?

Thank you.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

There's probably gunk/dust in the headphone jack, this happens to me alot

Shine a flashlight down in it and get it out with a toothpick/screwdriver or go to an apple store and ask them to they do it for free possible appointment needed

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

misterdobi (10-04-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks.

I did try to clean the dust out. Using the Compressed Gas Can, cotton-tip, and tape on a paperclip.

I also went to the Apple store to ask them to help me to clean it. Still no go.

Is there any other way?