+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Repair iPhone 4 Screen and still be eligible for Out Of Warranty Replacement?

is a discussion within the

Hardware

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok so I made another thread but still haven't gotten the question answered... Basically I want to know if I replace my friend's iPhone 4 screen myself, will she still
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Nopstnz8's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Repair iPhone 4 Screen and still be eligible for Out Of Warranty Replacement?
    Ok so I made another thread but still haven't gotten the question answered...

Basically I want to know if I replace my friend's iPhone 4 screen myself, will she still be able to qualify for the Out Of Warranty exchange program if something else happens later down the road? We know she'd have to pay $200, but I don't want to repair the screen, requiring removal of the water sensor, then later if lets say her logic board goes, she isn't eligible to to pay $200 and swap the phone for another iPhone 4 if they discover the water sensor is gone?

I'm looking for an answer ASAP because we're going to decide in the next few days what she does regarding the phone, and both of us would rather have me do it.

She already tried to get a free replacement and got denied. She has a white iPhone 4, which is technically still under warranty, but since the screen is cracked, that warranty has already been voided entirely, correct?

Thanks

Anyone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you are talking about the small white water tags, Then it's completely possible to carefully remove the water tag, do the repair and then place it back. all you need is a fine pointed xacto knife to slide under the sticker and peel it up, then you can do the repair, and place the sticker back.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tornath View Post
    If you are talking about the small white water tags, Then it's completely possible to carefully remove the water tag, do the repair and then place it back. all you need is a fine pointed xacto knife to slide under the sticker and peel it up, then you can do the repair, and place the sticker back.
    Yeah, but if you deform the tag, is there something you could go out and buy to replace it with so the phone still looks OEM, or are you SOL?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The Apple Geniuses are no smarter than us (if you know what you're doing)... So I would assume that if you find a water sensor and cut it exactly as the OEM one then you have nothing to worry about. I've completely switched out my girlfriend's 3GS screen and LCD and went to the Apple Store to see if there was a problem and they said everything is good. They're just a bunch of posers.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

Thanks

^^Agreed, but the issue here is... Where would I buy find a new water sensor?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'm sure you can find one on eBay or Amazon.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ebay has them all day long man. only thing that might show signs is when you pull the battery out the pull tab may get deformed. That can also be bought online though. So if your that worried i would buy the water sensor and the pull tab and replace both then you know for sure your ok.

Thanks

Oh crap... Found them! THANKS! =D